[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

when will Remain in Light shitters accept that this is the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Talking_Heads-Fear_of_Music.jpg (12KB, 312x310px) Image search: [Google]
Talking_Heads-Fear_of_Music.jpg
12KB, 312x310px
when will Remain in Light shitters accept that this is the superior album?
>>
2nd best
>>
when it becomes the superior album
>>
>>74152239
you kinda have to immerse yourself into the mindset of a paranoid person to realize this album's greatness desu. the concept flows so well; the first track disorients you with the unusual textures and lyrics, and the rest of the album gets progressively more and more paranoid; the music getting more aggressive and dissonant as it goes. you almost have to listen to it as a complete album in one sitting to get that.
>>
>>74152239
soon hopefully
>>
I have no real issue with Fear of Music, but it can't really decide what it wants to be. Half of it is a dry run for Remain in Light and half of it is pop songs. The lyrics are neither as amusing and involved as those on 77 or More Songs nor as stimulating as those on Remain in Light.

I'll gladly listen to it most days but it screams "transitional" album.
>>
>>74152239
even more songs is better than fear of music
you have shit taste
>>
File: SIT.jpg (254KB, 953x953px) Image search: [Google]
SIT.jpg
254KB, 953x953px
>>74152239
Their actual best album coming through
>>
Speaking in Tongues is better
>>
There are certain tracks on there that are better but there's also some stuff that kinda sounds like filler fluff material.

granted I've always thought Remain In Light was incredibly front loaded and the tracks after Seen and Not Seen are bland and forgettable both lyrically and musically, but I'll take an album with all the great songs up front over one with them spread apart randomly with mediocrity filling the cracks.
>>
1. Remain in Light
2. More Dongs
3. 77
4. Fear of Music
5. Little Creatures
6. Speaking in Tongues
7. who cares
8. who cares
>>
>>74152643
this is so wrong though
>>
Remain In Light > More Songs About Buildings and Food > Fear of Music > 77 > who cares
>>
File: 1497923456073.jpg (48KB, 404x480px) Image search: [Google]
1497923456073.jpg
48KB, 404x480px
>I'm supposed to listen to a guy who ranks albums
>>
>>74152643
this album was such a disappointment

Naive melody is good but after watching stop making sense all the studio versions on this feel watered down and inferior
>>
>>74153090
>everything is all just so subjective man, you can't put labels on things, nothing is better or worse than anything else
>>
>>74153144
>everything is not subjective
Wow you are such a Kantian cunt
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.