[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become a future generation's Nick Drake? I never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: afterTheGoldRush.jpg (281KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
afterTheGoldRush.jpg
281KB, 1000x1000px
How do I become a future generation's Nick Drake? I never want to do live shows or interviews or anything like that. I just want to be insignificant and pretty much unknown until long after my death. What type of music do you think would be the best for this?
>>
folk
>>
Vaporwave
>>
>>74141237
>How do I become a future generation's Nick Drake?
Be talented and make music that is good.
>>
Just make music, release it sporadically and not on a major label with little to become meme-able. You could do this in almost any genre.
>>
don't aspire to be like someone else

you will never be as great as someone if you always live in their shadow

create music worth hearing and it will be heard, sooner or later
>>
>>74141237
Nick Drake is really inspirational, isn't he anon?
I'd like to be like him too, but I'd like to get popular while I'm alive so I can at least make a living off of my music.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAH7CLUmvhE
make shit like this but sad and in human
>>
>>74141273
>>74141283
>>74141286
>>74141402
Thank you for the advice guys. I'm more motivated than ever to keep making stuff. I still can't shake the feeling that there are way too many people that are infinitely more talented than me who are never going to get the recognition they deserve, but holding out the hope that it will all get listened to sooner or later is a good way to cope.
>>
Nick Drake didn't want to be the 'Nick Drake' of his generation. His mannerisms and shortcomings weren't an act he put on, he wanted to be popular. His lack of success frustrated and saddened him deeply. Now he's most known as the poster boy for depressives, and he's so much more than that.
>>
>>74141628
you'll never get anywhere if you keep comparing yourself to others

art is driven by the individual, the best art is stuff that is unique more than stuff with a high technical skill
>>
File: 1484898491481.jpg (16KB, 365x346px) Image search: [Google]
1484898491481.jpg
16KB, 365x346px
This is the dumbest thread I have ever seen.
>>
>>74141666
Too true.
You can tell he wanted to be like a Donovan or Van Morrison.
It just didn't work out that way for him.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.