[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going through this guy's discography chronologically. Just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: freewheelin bob dylan.jpg (132KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
freewheelin bob dylan.jpg
132KB, 600x599px
Going through this guy's discography chronologically. Just got to this. Should I just stop now? How can it possibly get any better?
>>
>>74139559
Highway 61 is leagues better
>>
>>74139594
This.

It gets better OP. There's a reason why Bob Dylan is one of the most venerated songwriters of all time.
>>
Bob Dylan's best performances were left on the cutting room floor or played live. Listen to the Bootleg Series
>>
>>74139594
This.
>>
Dylan really only had 5 or so stinkers, the rest of his work ranges from good to great to masterpiece
>>
File: Cover.jpg (65KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
65KB, 600x600px
Don't forget The Bootleg Series OP, has some of his best stuff.
>>74139594
No, but Blonde on Blonde is.
>>
>>74139559
>I'm gonna go through 38 albums
>should i stop at the second one?
???????????????????
>>
>>74140109
Why listen to a man after you've heard his peak?
>>
His next two are almost as good. Things start getting really interesting with Bringing It All Back Home though and just gets better. His entire '60s output was incredible, really.
>>
>>74140124
if a man has 38 albums chances are he didn't peak after the 2nd
>>
>>74140245
Tell that to Elvis Costello
>>
Oh boy, you're in for a nice surprise OP. It keeps getting better for awhile. Though if you're going to go through the WHOLE discography, you may want to skip his 80's stuff. It's popular opinion that the 60's folk rock trilogy and his earlier folk albums were his best work, so try not to be disappointed when he turns a corner.
>>
File: folder.jpg (322KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
322KB, 600x600px
Just wait until you get to his 70s stuff.

Stop at Desire
>>
>>74140352
Seconding this. Its all downhill from Desire onward.
>>
>>74140352
>>74140388
t. has never seen bobsboots.com
>>
>>74140352
Time Out of Mind, Love and Theft, and Modern Times are still better than anything most musicians ever put out
>>
>>74139559
oh man, just wait til bringing it all back home, highway 61, blonde on blonde hit you 3 in a row
>>
File: 1499174821307.gif (3MB, 291x300px) Image search: [Google]
1499174821307.gif
3MB, 291x300px
>Bob Dylan after the 60's
cum on now, there's no need for that
>>
>>74139559
Hard Rain might be his best song, but most of Freewheelin' doesn't hold up as well
>>
>tfw Dylan's last album of original material will probably be Tempest
>>
>>74142256
I'm okay with that.

But ideally I wish his last original album would be a fully-acoustic project to bring his career full circle.
>>
Yeah it's great.
Sadly he went into a more rock style of music which probably isn't what you enjoyed with freewheelin'.
Did he have any other folk albums worth listening to?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.