[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >come to /mu/ for the first time >every other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: killmyself.jpg (206KB, 2048x1389px) Image search: [Google]
killmyself.jpg
206KB, 2048x1389px
>be me
>come to /mu/ for the first time
>every other thread has this melon on it
>seems universally hated by every faggot on here
>watch a few of his vids
>seems like run of the mill comfy youtube fluff
>watch some more reviews
>Death Grips- The Money Store
>10/10
>listen to death grips for first time
>normie brain can't handle
>sounds like unintelligible garbage
>can't imagine anyone ever enjoying death grips in any conceivable universe
>meanwhile see deathtony griptano call it a literal masterpiece
>normie brain overload
>need to watch more reviews so my mind can recover
>decide to look at reviews of my normie music instead
>Arctic Monkeys - AM ALBUM REVIEW
>fucking 3/10

why
>>
File: cme.jpg (30KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
cme.jpg
30KB, 600x600px
>>74137819
>there are still people who think AM was anything above 3/10
>>
>>74137952
thanks, anon.
>>
He's a bit of a faggot but Arctic Monkeys are absolute shit. If you're gonna listen to pop rock then listen to early Weezer.
>>
>>74138706
>you can only listen to one pop rock artist
>>
>>74137819
AM is for people who want to look cool for listening to 'different' music, when in actuality it is only matched in blandness by coldplay and imagine dragons, and it isn't even unpopular
>>
>>74137819
cause Arctic Monkeys sucks
>>
>>74138706
this pretty much
>>
>>74137819
Then get cultured and listen to good pop rock bands then cringe at your former Arctic Monkeys-loving self
>>
>>74138706
their first album is great tho
>>
>>74137819
>He thinks Death Grips is unintelligible and too weird or some shit
Emily Osment is a fan of Death Grips
Robert Pattinson is a fan of Death Grips
Beyonce is a fan of Death Grips
Sean Lennon is a fan of Death Grips
Linkin Park were fans of Death Grips
Every edgy 15-year-old who runs a shitty facebook meme page is a fan of Death Grips

I mean have your own taste and shit, but if you think Death Grips is too weird, you're a musical dunce. For the most part, Death Grips is pop music. MC Ride shouts a lot and their image is kinda wacky but it's still pop music.
>>
>>74140407
News flash, but Death Grips is just too weird for 95% of normies. Most people only listen to music that would make it to the radio or albums that fall under that ONE specific genre/niche they're comfortable with.
>>
>>74137952
This kek. AM is 2/10 I can't believe that many people actually enjoy this record and think that it's the best record of Arctic Monkeys.
>>
File: Trout_Mask_Replica.png (159KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Trout_Mask_Replica.png
159KB, 300x300px
>>74137819
DG is still listenable. It has structure and is "danceable".
Listen to this and tell me what you think.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiorncOFpcg
>>
>>74140407
explain emily osment
>>
>>74140526
https://twitter.com/EmilyOsment/status/720023449335238656
>>
>>74140502
First time I listened to Trout Mask Replica I thought my head was going to explode.
>>
>>74140662
I didn't know what to make of it. I can't say it's 100% listenable but I can't say it's bad either.

It's clear that there's effort and thought into the songs.
>>
>>74140590
based. She's the last person I'd expect to be into them, honestly.
>>
>>74140501
I can't believe you still don't have a girlfriend you fat loser.
>>
>>74137819
kek
>>
Listen to it more, OP
If you still hate it on the 5th listen, there's no hope and you should just keep listening to radio music
>>
>>74140470
Death Grips is facebook core. You live in a bubble. You're not special. Just because it's on the radio doesn't mean on one knows about them.
>>
>>74143123
Literally nobody does though

Ask any normie on the street if they know about Death Grips. Only 1 out of 10 will say yes, MAYBE 1 out of 5 if you're lucky.

I've told about or mentioned DG to about 15 people, and only one of them actually knew who they were.
>>
File: king-melon.jpg (415KB, 1648x800px) Image search: [Google]
king-melon.jpg
415KB, 1648x800px
>>
>>74143175
Nope. You can do that with any artist that doesn't get regular radio play. That doesn't make them obscure. Their shows always sell out. Their subreddit has over 20,000 subscribers (i know reddit but im just using that to emphasize how normie they are)

They're pretty plebby. A lot of the people who recommend them to me are the pseudo special snowflakes like you.
>>
File: spongebob2.jpg (37KB, 650x381px) Image search: [Google]
spongebob2.jpg
37KB, 650x381px
>>74140407
>Death Grips is pop music
>>
>>74137819
Death grips is fucking trash. Stop saying people can't understand it as if that's why they don't like it. No that's not the case it just fucking sucks
>>
>>74143223
>le reddit subscriber count
But none of your normie friends on Facebook like them, its not facebook core by any means
>>
>>74143255
At the very least TMS is a pop album. Every song is built around a catchy chorus.
>>
>>74140703
Obligatory, although not a video any Fantano subscriber would watch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FhhB9teHqU
And just a reminder - he claimed that musicians were rhytmically lost and incoherent. That's coming from a bass player. Let that sink in.
>>
>>74138706
Weezer's overrated and everyone knows it. R.E.M's the best pop rock band and it's no contest.
>>
>>74140407
>Celebrities are automatically unintelligent
What difference does it make if any of these people like Death Grips lol ?
>>
>>74137819
Who the fuck even is he?
>>
>>74143923
this is correct
>>
>>74145666
>5 great albums followed by mountains of filler
shhhhhh
>>
>>74138706
Arctic monkeys were the shit back in the day. Their first too albums are great
>>
>>74146595
>Weezer
>2 good albums and a mountain of shit
damn...
>>
>>74140501
It was a piss poor attempt to imitate QOTSA and they failed miserably.
>>
>>74143923
I'll agree with that
>>
>>74140502
DG was more challenging for me to get into than TMR
>>
wtf there arent any monkeys in the arctic retards
>>
Death Grips isn't even THAT avant-garde
listen to free jazz u fag
>>
>>74138812
are you completely retarded?
>>
>>74147527
Free Jazz isn't even THAT avant-garde
listen to electroacoustic u fag
>>
>>74144229
This is an interesting video, would love to get the full album examined.
>>
>>74137819
Arctic Monkeys - AM is so fucking bland. It doesn't do anything new/creative and it lacks the raw energy of the Arctic Monkeys' old albums. I understand why it's so incredibly popular amongst normies but I don't understand why so many critics praise it like it's the second coming of Christ.
>>
>>74140407
don't forget bowie
>>
>>74147613
Electroacoustic isn't even THAT avant-garde
listen to microsound u fag
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.