[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Real talk: this is actually the greatest jazz album of all t

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: ligvtcir.jpg (23KB, 337x300px) Image search: [Google]
ligvtcir.jpg
23KB, 337x300px
Real talk: this is actually the greatest jazz album of all time.

You can really see how Albert Ayler's music affected the bebop scene during the late 50s and 60s. I'm 100% certain that both John Coltrane and Eric Dolpy said that Ayler's music was the greatest thing that they ever heard, and I'm going to guess many of the others (especially in post-bop and free jazz) held a similar sentiment.

Let's discuss that chaotic, melodic, brilliant music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xzgbA-d9qk
>>
>>74126595
Except that Ayler was more influenced by Trane, Dolphy, and Coleman than the other way around.

I much prefer Dolphy's more cerebral approach anyway.
>>
>>74126911
>Except that Ayler was more influenced by Trane, Dolphy, and Coleman than the other way around.
Evidence? The interviews on Holy Ghost Unissued don't make it seem like the other way around. Coltrane even requested he play at his funeral.
>>
File: 1484160155398.jpg (47KB, 645x968px) Image search: [Google]
1484160155398.jpg
47KB, 645x968px
>>74126595

>tfw to stupid to like free jazz
>>
that's not even the best ayler record
>>
>implying Ayler had significant impact on the scene anytime near his lifespan
This is as silly as Scruffy implying that Cecil Taylor had a large impact on the jazzstream
>>
>>74127037
see
>>74126961
>>
>>74127037
not him, but does impact even matter?
the greatest impact on jazz made by a single individual is probably either Bird or Armstrong, but it doesn't necessarily mean their music is the best or most refined of any jazz.
>>
>>74126911
>I much prefer Dolphy's more cerebral approach anyway
This. Iron man is one of the greatest jazz albums ever
>>
>>74127011
https://youtu.be/0WhXtkMyPHU
>>
File: aa.jpg (381KB, 686x543px) Image search: [Google]
aa.jpg
381KB, 686x543px
I don't get it when people say they don't like free jazz. It is energetic and dynamic. It feels really natural to me.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.