[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This beautiful pastoral album simply transcends life itself.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: 61RDVfU4P6L.jpg (65KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
61RDVfU4P6L.jpg
65KB, 500x500px
This beautiful pastoral album simply transcends life itself. Don't you think?
>>
I agree!
>>
One of most perfect albums there ever was.
>>
>>74123850
yes
>>
incredible achievement in music
>>
nah, sounds like a squealing piglet in a meadow
>>
moondance better
>>
>>74123850
"If I ventured into the slipstream, between the viaducts of your dream, where the mobile steel rims crack and the ditch in the back road stops, could you find me?"
That's so good
>>
Fucking gay album for faggots
>>
One of the most overrated albums ever
>>
It sounds like granny shit to be honest. Really boring and aged like milk, filled with cliches and conveniences. Instead of delivering the magical atmosphere it promises it instantly turns into a collection badly conveyed butt-fairy hymns, full of cheesy annoyance and juvenile portrayals of otherwise mature depictions.
It's gay shit for cum collecting unicorns.
>>
>>74124600
Totally, I always get shivers when that first song starts because I know what a journey awaits me
>>
>>74123850
Tupelo Honey is his only "good" album
>>
>>74124600
nonsensical garbage. there's better lyrics to be found on a yingyang twins album.
>>
>>74124744
get lost shitter
>>
>>74124744
>using metaphores = nonsensical garbage

You just don't like poetic lyrics, nothing wrong with that. You can always go listen to Wu Tang clan and lyrics about dead niggers if you want.
>>
>>74123850
Great album.
But I don't understand why people repeat the same vocabulary used when talking about his music. Why use 'transcendence' particularly for Van's music as so much other music is also transcending. Maybe music can even be seen as transcending various boundaries by nature.
>>
File: xdtyjety.jpg (485KB, 824x849px) Image search: [Google]
xdtyjety.jpg
485KB, 824x849px
>>
>>74124183
this
>>
>>74124687
Sweet Thing, Cypress Avenue, and Madame George are the highlights of that journey for me, not counting the aforementioned s/t track.
>>
>>74124772
what's it actually saying then? he's an old car between a viaduct, but also in a dream, between viaducts (not under or on them; between) and he's wondering if he can be found? Pixar movie toddler turds.

also, funny, GZA is an actual lyrical genius desu
>>
>>74124910
stral Weeks is completely improvisational and fictionalized; Morrison said the album “comes out as stories.” Thealbum opens modeling the spontaneous stream-of-consciousness style Morrison developed. The song’s metaphysical conceit is that the narrator (probably not Morrison) can return to the past of a relationship and “be born again.” In a style most reflective of British Romanticism (see Keats' Ode to a Nightingale), the narrator attempts to leave the body, burdened with the pain of memory, and the spirit wanders through the “slipstream” of another consciousness– the dreams of the woman he once loved.

A slipstream is created by the wake of a boat plowing through waves. The current caused in its path carries all behind it along. Her dreams are rushing so fast that they are breaking steel, and paving over the muddy back streets of back home. Seems like Van Morrison struggling with the breakneck speed and power of fame, dreams, love, and questioning whether he, or his love, has the ability to survive it.
>>
>>74124946
kek what a load of pompous shit. more like he got lost in the chick's anal cavity and carried away in a slipstream of diarrhoea
>>
>>74124979
alright bud time to hit the sack
>>
>>74124946
gay as your grandpa's nipplehole
>>
>>74124979
You're a type of person that slept during literature classes in high school, aren't you?
>>
>>74124946
very well put man, I definitely could not have said it better myself.
>>
no its overrated by nu-males.
moondance is better
>>
>>74125002
not really, hence my good reply. you probably think tolkien is literature though?
>>
>>74125058
>you probably think tolkien is literature though
Of course not, I'm not American ffs, we cover normal authors in schools going from antiquity over Middle Ages, Renaissance, Baroque, to Romanticism, Naturalism, Realism, Modernism.
>>
Absolutely, it's extraordinary.

>>74124183
>>74124818
plebs who can't appreciate actual outpouring of emotion
>>
>>74124744
It's impressionism you faggot

>>74124794
nah it's not the same senpai. His voice is almost shamanic, like Nico's. Not many artists can do that.
>>
I'll give it a listen :^)
>>
>>74123850
it's such an incredible album

unprecedented, unexpected, completely unlike everything else in its time, stands alone as high art in popular music. I love how it actually tries to synthesize folk and pop compared to the watered down white shite of years prior
>>
This album has never done it for me and I feel bad about that.
>>
I listened to this on my first acid trip. I think it made me cry
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.