[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is so good about this album /mu/? I want to get into it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: Swans_To_Be_Kind.jpg (7KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
Swans_To_Be_Kind.jpg
7KB, 316x316px
What is so good about this album /mu/?
I want to get into it and I don't get it yet.
>>
>>74110656
OXYGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
>>
>>74110656
it's overrated garbage for hipsters/nu males
>>
Sit back and relax. It's all about the repetition, which is supposed to create climaxes
>>
>>74110656
>>74110798

More for wannabe edgelords than hipsters but yeah.
>>
It's what "modern music" should always mean
>>
>>74110747
I'll steal all the oxygen!
>>
I really admire the sound Gira and co managed to create here, I absolutely love the rawness and pure energy delivered here. That with the growing nature of the music altogether - instrumentally - creates a very dense and atmospheric experience. It's also really interesting when you look back at all of the band's iterations and how To Be Kind is almost an amalgamation of all the different styles Swans' has gone through since the band's inception.

Really great album, but I recommend turning the volume up a little bit, sit back and close your eyes and let the music wash over you. It's almost meditative in places with the volume turned way up.
>>
>>74110747
>>74110822
>>74110840
>>74110865
Thanks for the answers guys,
I've just recently went through lift your skinny fists many times and its absolutely blown me away so I've been looking for music like that and I think swans can give that to me.
>>
>>74110656
BREATHE NOW
LOVE NOW
BREATHE NOW
LOVE NOW
>>
>>74110935
It really depends on what you liked about LYSF.
I'd recommend going through post-rock, To Be Kind isn't strictly post-rock it just has specific elements of it that could possibly appeal to fans of the genre. As I said, To Be Kind is made up of a bunch of different styles and backed by a whole bunch of influence, it isn't strictly any genre.

It has elements of Post-rock, but also a lot of elements of gothic rock, no-wave, noise rock, freak folk and a lot more.
>>
>>74111028
Dont forget Krautrock
>>
>>74111087
There are so many different styles that influenced To Be Kind. Probably impossible to list them.
>>
>>74111107
True, its an amazing LP
>>
Every instrument has a perfect rich tone, especially the drums. The snare coming in on Screenshot is so damn satisfying.
The album does a great job of creating atmospheres. It makes you feel so damn uneasy and then conveys a feeling of power in the next section.
I'd never heard Swans before this album and I found it was easy for me to love. However, if you've given it a good listen and you don't "get it" I wouldn't bother wasting your time on it.
>>
>>74110656
it sucks, why would anybody listen to a fucking 34 minute long song
>>
>>74111496
Because they arent you
>>
>>74110935
You should listen to SFTB as well, might be right up your alley
>>
>>74111603
Will do
>>
>>74111654
Listen to The Sound from it and see if that's what you like
>>
>>74111674
Although the sound doesn't represent the album very well. Neither does Helpless Child or The Final Sacrifice, although that's what I'd call post rock on it.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.