[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you make your own music and plan to make a career out of it,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 67596746436.jpg (40KB, 400x202px)
67596746436.jpg
40KB, 400x202px
If you make your own music and plan to make a career out of it, give up now before its too late.

Even if your music is good, only the very luckiest few make any money, if anything at all because of piracy fucking up everything.

A thousand downloads of your music may give you "exposure", but exposure doesn't pay the bills, rent or food on the plate.

Even if you know who is ripping off your music good luck trying to stop them because they're living in some country 1000 miles away that doesn't give a fuck about copyright laws and shit.

But most people don't really care. They actually expect you to produce music for free and not get paid anything for it because they think artists can survive on passion alone.

Those that do make it generally have a good agent or record label backing them, or they just got lucky with 10 million views with their YouTube cover and are living off adsense revenue.
>>
>>74105565
what about live music?
>>
File: paulie.jpg (58KB, 500x310px)
paulie.jpg
58KB, 500x310px
>>74105565
sad but true. actors at least have commercials they seem to make it more often
>>
He tried to warn us, /mu/. If only we had listened
>>
>>74105602

You'll be condemned to a life of playing at shitty bars for shit pay.

A janitor would be earning more than you.
>>
>>74105667

Thats not surprising because actors are extroverted normies

Musicians are generally a very introverted species.
>>
>>74105565
sad but true
>>
no shit. If you're smart and willing to compromise you can make it however
>>
File: 1481705082095.jpg (35KB, 1012x742px) Image search: [Google]
1481705082095.jpg
35KB, 1012x742px
>>74105565
Not if you're a rapper like me. Even if you do perform in a shit venue you still get to fuck fans after the show.
>>
>>74105565
>give up on your goals and dreams and be a miserable sack of shit like me
>>
t. disgruntled buttrocker who doesn't understand why playing music in an almost 30 year old style isn't popular enough to pay the bills
>>
>>74107242
^
OP is a little BITCH
>>
>>74107235

great, but never paid my bills, got me yeast and almost herpes. Concerts paid the doctor.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.