[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You all turned your back on chester, he made music that was the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (77KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
77KB, 1920x1080px
You all turned your back on chester, he made music that was the soundtrack to your teenage years, regardless of whether or not you patricians want to admit it he shaped your life, and when you got what you wanted you were like "lolkbye" he needed you and you thought you were too cool for him, all super mature and grown up.

Apologize to Chester

And don't worry kids who were too young to get LP, you can make threads like this in 10-20 years when someone from deathgrips kill themselves
>>
>>74101281
>implying our teenage selves didnt give him millions of dollars that we should have put towards our student loans.
chester tricked us into giving up our hard earned allowances.
>>
>>74101335

>he didn't dub their music ontop tapes from the radio
>>
>>74101281
so what you're saying is that should i keep listening to simple plan and evanescence in hopes that they don't off themselves
>>
File: IMG_5402.jpg (336KB, 673x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5402.jpg
336KB, 673x1024px
I hate to admit it but Chester was the father figure I never had. I couldn't have survived middle school without his music.
>>
>>74101408

No, I'm saying just don't act like a "patrician" elitist who's too good for something you used to like just to impress your chums.
>>
>>74101281
Actually The Cure, JD, SOM, She Wants Revenge and Skinny Puppy were the soundtrack to my teen years, not this lame angst pop.
>>
>>74101484
LOL
>>
I listened to weird al and played video games when I was a teen.
>>
>>74101533
Post-Punk>Nu-Metal
>>
>>74101484

lmao "that guy"
>>
Why do you faggots pretend that you like Chester now? I thought you're better than that, that shit is Facebook-tier.
>>
>>74101596
See>>74101556
>>
>>74101484
>>74101587
holy fucking shit dude
>>
>>74101556
this was my jam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESqZb7hY1S0
>>
I listened to linkin park, nightwish, the decemberists, and sufjan stevens when i was a teen. What does that make me?
>>
>>74101612
U mad?
>>
>>74101630
>>74101637
plen
>>
>>74101607
none of us are pretending. linkin park was a big part of a lot of middle school and high school kids lives
>>
>>74101645
>being this butthurt
>>
>>74101281
Can't relate

I couldn't stand that cringey shit as an 11 year old, but with age i'll admit hybrid theory was a pretty well made album. lol its still fucking rap nu metal though, what a waste of songwriting prowess
>>
>>74101612
>>74101596
>>74101612
>>74101645

Have some Swell Maps and chill out, infinitely better teen music than Linkin Park.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7UTc45lGZDg
>>
We didn't owe Chester shit.

Chester didn't owe us shit.

His death honestly bummed me out but god damn, the artist/fan dynamic doesn't work like that.
>>
File: 1407834319672.jpg (36KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1407834319672.jpg
36KB, 400x300px
>>74101281
>he made music that was the soundtrack to your teenage years, regardless of whether or not you patricians want to admit it he shaped your life
I grew out of nu-metal just before linkin park got big so no, not really. Outside their meme songs I don't really even know any or honestly can even think of the melody of any off of the top of my head, even the meme songs. Not saying he should have killed himself or it isn't sad but I probably haven't heard more than 15 minutes of any music he ever performed on in total in my life.
>>
>>74101967

>Oh I see a thread directed at a specific demographic
>Better go post in there and tell everyone that I'm not part of that demographic
>>
I was never into Linkin Park, even as a teenager it seemed just too angsty for me.
>>
>>74101281
>when someone from deathgrips kill themselves

DG is not mainstream enough compared to LP
>>
my childhood never involved nu-metal
I never even listened to avenged sevenfold, the worst taste I had as a kid was probably
beatles and radiohead.
>>
>>74102512

what age did you lose your virginity?
>>
>>74102521
>>
>>74102456
Not that guy but OP wasn't very specific; his diction suggests he's addressing the general or even overall populace of /mu/ and not a specific group.
>>
>>74102512
same. i never liked metal when i was a kid, mostly cause i didn't like the music but also because the kids that were into metal were emotionally stunted idiots who talked about being too hardcore for their parents and worshiping satan, and a bunch of other teenage bullshit i'm glad most people grow out off.
you know, the kinda kids who weight 100lbs wear all black and make empty threats like "ill rip your lungs out" or "ill kill your whole family", and i was a pussy in hs but i was big, and one look from me would usually make them shut up.
nu-metal is a meme, like mumble rap
>>
>>74102521
haha
>>
>>74101281
This is true. But it honestly never hit me. I was waiting to feel something. But I can't. I was so bummed when Chris offed himself. I guess I'm still numb from that. But in the end it doesn't even matter. Pun intended
>>
File: 16007231_BG1.jpg (14KB, 288x216px) Image search: [Google]
16007231_BG1.jpg
14KB, 288x216px
>>74102641
I'm that guy and your assumption about how I perceived the OP's diction is correct.

>>74101281
>You all turned your back on chester, he made music that was the soundtrack to your teenage years, regardless of whether or not you patricians want to admit it he shaped your life, and when you got what you wanted you were like "lolkbye" he needed you and you thought you were too cool for him, all super mature and grown up.
The post is specifically addressing anyone reading it outside of the "kids"
>And don't worry kids who were too young to get LP, you can make threads like this in 10-20 years when someone from deathgrips kill themselves

As someone who doesn't even consider themselves a Death Grips fan much (although I don't have a problem with them) and 29 years old so I'm far from one of these supposed "kids", at least DG did something somewhat interesting compared to how LP just kind of made already shitty nu-metal rap rock, even worse than it previously was (Limp Bizkit for example). They ushered in more watered down shitty nu-metal until the genre just kind of collapsed in on itself because there was not even a shred of integrity left in the whole genre itself.

I mean everyone has edgy bullshit music they like when they're younger and of course it may pull at your heartstrings when they die, and like I said I don't think it's not tragic when someone kills themselves, but it's not like we lost someone iconic or even innovative in regards to music.
>>
>>74102749

I'm not reading your wall of text, learn to speak concisely if you want to have a discussion on a meme image board.
>>
>>74101281

This is probably the only time I'll ever talk seriously about Chester, I just want to say that I use to listen to Linkin Park all the time in my late teen years. Shit was my jam and after my girlfriend killed herself this hit me hard. We make fun of him for being an edgelord but at one point that was all of us, their music never was my favorite but hopefully I can find a way to appreciate some of their songs one more time. One More light has taken a completely different meaning after his death. I just want to say thank you and good bye old friend.
>>
>>74101281
>he made music that was the soundtrack to your teenage years
I wasn't an edgelord who was bullied, so no.
>>
>>74102792
LP weren't innovative, creative, or anything more than part of another generation of shitty rap rock riding the wave that Limp Bizkit and Korn already started years prior. Is that concise enough?
>>
>>74102830
You were a normie then?
>>
>>74102864
Pretty much. Shit like Eminem was my jam but I gradually grew out of it and started listening to dadrock in my late teens.
>>
>>74101335
You probably spent close to $100-$500 supporting his music, going to his shows, and buying his albums and merch. I don't know of any student loan of that amount that would've significantly helped you out.
>>
i never listened to linkin park as a teenager. i was into power metal and shit.
>>
So what if we liked them a lot in our teenage years, we had music to listen to and they made millions of $$$ from it. Fair trade. Don't owe him shit.
>>
>>74102890

So you regressed?
>>
Linkin Park is arguably improved now. Mike is a more than competent vocalist and Chester didn't contribute any instrumentation
>>
>>74104623
>dadrock
>edgy

hmm
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.