[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recommend this album to everyone, metal fan or not. It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: ocean-machine-cover.jpg (674KB, 936x936px) Image search: [Google]
ocean-machine-cover.jpg
674KB, 936x936px
I recommend this album to everyone, metal fan or not. It's a real /mu/sential album for me, it's beginner's territory
>>
stop now
>>
Devin Townsend is pretty underrated around here
>>
>>74101169
The hate for him is pretty strong
>>
>>74101038
I can't tell if I like this or not. The melodies and performances are strong. But the overall songwriting is basic as fuck and a lot of the songs are so simple and repetitive. Also the production is pretty dull. Usually I would hate this style of production but it seems to work for Townsend.
>>
>>74102575
>muh complexity and technicality

Go listen to Dream Theater if that's what you're interested in. Sometimes artists don't feel the need to pad their music with want spanky bullshit. You either like the songs or you don't.
>>
>>74102799
>songwriting
>complexity and technicality

This is why we should never take advice on this board, literally retarded.
>>
>>74102807
He's right though. Townsend's music wouldn't be any better if he went out of his way to make the music more musically complex. That's why he's one of the few "progressive" musicians I actually enjoy.
>>
>>74102575
>songs are so simple and repetitive
I assume you're referring to some of the later songs on the album like Regulator or Funeral? I guess I agree they could be a bit shorter but I'm glad they go on as long as they do. They're so hypnotic and melodic that I just get lost in them and drift off. I know it sounds corny but fuck you.
>>
>>74101038
this is essential "im 16 years old"-core

I don't listen to devin very much anymore but he did have a great impact during my formative years
>>
>>74103923
that being said, voices in the fan is probably my favorite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D-Uh3qvKyQ
>>
Anyone else get shoegaze vibes from this album? Voices in the Fan especially. Guess it's a by-product of wall of sound + quietly mixed vocals but it'd be nice if he made more of this kind of stuff.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.