[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The dust settled. What did you think of this album? I personally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: CST120_hires_2400px.jpg (1MB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
CST120_hires_2400px.jpg
1MB, 2400x2400px
The dust settled. What did you think of this album?

I personally really enjoyed it. I thought it was better than DMST's last two albums. It seemed to return a bit back to the sound of & Yet and Winter Hymn. It wasn't much of a bold move forward, but in a way it was like a welcomed step back.

Also feel free to talk about Grails.
>>
Not as memorable as DMST's other releases IMO, but it certainly wasn't a bad album by any stretch. I could listen to it again

>Also feel free to talk about Grails.
Burning Off Impurities and The Black Tar Prophecies are amazing. They make me feel like I should be getting stoned in a Tibetan monastery
>>
My kinda thread.

I really liked the album, but I wish there were more standout tracks. Bound and And Boundless just tower above the rest of the album, it makes the other songs like bookends to the obvious centerpiece. Her Eyes on the Horizon and Return, Return Again are top notch too though.

As far as their "recent" albums, I loved You, You're a History in Rust and I think it's still better than SPI, but Other Truths just didn't do it for me at all so SPI is a more than welcome return.

Grails keep going down this diverse rabbit hole of soundtrack fetishism and it's really fleshed out their sound; Chalice Hymnal is musically all over the place but somehow still finds cohesion. Still prefer Deep Politics over CH, but it's a worthy "follow-up."

Such a blessed year for both fantastic bands to come out of dormancy months apart.

>>74094133
Black Tar Prophecies v.1-3 is such a turning point for them. Still my favorite release of theirs.
>>
>>74094217
It's pretty cool that 1-3 and Take Refuge got reissued recently. Temporary Residence is a great label.
>>
Not as good as I thought it was on the first few listens, but still a quality release. Horriplations, Bound, and And Boundless are the best tracks.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.