[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Cheeto dies >Oh fuck why is everyone losing their shit,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 11

>Cheeto dies
>Oh fuck why is everyone losing their shit, no one care and Linkin Park is a meme
>Go listen to Linkin Park on youtube, for some reasons
>Actually feeling something when listening to Breaking The Habit

wtf is happening to me, am i being memed on?
>>
isn't it nice to feel something?
>>
>>74092186
Breaking The Habit is unironically a good song.
>>
The dude from Korn talked shit about him, said hes a pussy coward for abandoning his kids.
>>
are you saying you don't have feelings?
>>
How come Linkin' Park were able to thrive, despite being considered a meme for edgy kids, but Evanescence didn't?
>>
>>74092186
You probably listened to LP a lot in your childhood, most of us have, that's why a lot of people on /mu/ are genuinely sad.

But you can't be genuine on the internet anymore, that's fucking lame. Dude ironic memes haha.
>>
>>74092860
I always felt like Evanescence were just a derivative of LP, plus they only had one really popular song.

Though LP had a similar vibe, they put out hits pretty consistently throughout the early 2000's
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TycOEI6g8VU

cringe?
>>
>>74093007
I remember like two or three songs with them. "Wake me up", and the one where Amy's in a bathtub.

Them sounding similar I'll just chalk up to genre similarity.
>>
>>74092860
Because LP were a genuinely good band and not posers like Evanescence.
>>
>>74093085
Not really, there are a bunch of qts there
>>
>>74092998
>But you can't be genuine on the internet anymore, that's fucking lame
i hate this shit, you cant be genuine about your feelings or behavior because its "cringe" so you're forced to hide behind this shroud of irony to go along with the herd. this is the modern form of peer pressure
>>
>>74093098
How were they posers? Genuine question.
>>
>>74092186
I always thought his lyrics were just being over dramatic for the fans, I didn't realise that's how he felt.
>>
One More Light will go down as his swan song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kaUvGSLMew

R.I.P
>>
File: 1486667697902.png (38KB, 137x326px) Image search: [Google]
1486667697902.png
38KB, 137x326px
For the most part I thought their lyrics were gay and listened mainly for the production
I've always related to "In The End" though.
>>
File: image.jpg (1014KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1014KB, 3264x2448px
>>74093766
>peer pressure
Sure it's hard to resist that on an anonymous forum.
>>
>>74094113
If 4chan's taught me anything, it's that anonymity doesn't stop hive minds from forming.
>>
>>74092860
Two things.

>All the significant band members except the lead singer left or got kicked out.
>Amy keeps changing the formula and now it sounds like forced crap.
>>
>>74094343

And it also might not help that they take much longer to release albums.
>>
File: fdf52aj.jpg (170KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
fdf52aj.jpg
170KB, 500x500px
>>74092186
I saw them live around 2 weeks ago and they were really good, not sure why people here seem to dislike them. Sucks big time that I won't be able to see them again.
>>
>>74094972
>linkin park
>good
Where did this meme come from. They were always just some really faggy derivative of grunge(idk why Cornell even liked it). Their last album was probably one of the worst of the year and chester's chimpout afterward only confirmed that he was a sellout. It's sad that he suicided but he wasn't a good musician.
>>
>>74092186
>investigate chestergate
>>
>>74092860
>>74094343

because Amy is toxic and pushed out everyone in the band and takes forever to make up her mind
>>
File: superthumb.jpg (72KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
superthumb.jpg
72KB, 300x250px
>>74094972
I didn't even get to see them once... and I never will now.
>>
File: 1485891922015.jpg (41KB, 489x489px) Image search: [Google]
1485891922015.jpg
41KB, 489x489px
>>74092186
I hadn't listened to LP in the longest time.

The past two days all I have been listening to is their discography...idk man this is the first "celeb" death that actually got me.

I broke down watching Breaking the Habit on Youtube the day he died..
>>
first 3 albums are good, anyone telling you otherwise is memeing
>>
Chester and Chris Cornell were 2 of the greatest voices in rock, it's a great loss
>>
>>74094364
They're still going? I thought they split up ages ago.
>>
>>74092705
This I can confirm.
>>
>>74092860
Because Evanescence will always be known as the WAKE ME UP INSIDE band. Linkin Park had a multitude of edgy, quotable hits that struck chords in 10 year olds around the world as they played RuneScape growing up.
>>
File: chill.jpg (28KB, 339x403px) Image search: [Google]
chill.jpg
28KB, 339x403px
>>74092186
it's called nostalgia my dude
>>
>>74092705
This. Past all the memes, and edge, there is Breaking The Habit. One of their only actual good, sincere songs.
>>
>>74093085
The fact that they all have their phones up in the air, even at a fucking memorial, yeah. Cringe.
>>
>>74096050
PPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF HAHAHAHA
>>
>>74094162
>>74093766
jesus christ man the fact that you are even considering this holy shit please let me be baited or just what the fuck

how can you be this devoid of social experiences that you would actually consider your behavior on an anonymous japanese vaguely related to music trivia board as i doubt you could find a bigger collective of retards in one place

scratch that, why would you conform to that kind of shit anywhere

holy f u c k i mean after most of my time spent here i have learned to differentiate between stupid and simple bait but these two posts just fuck me up beyond belief

what the fuck man why would you even think like this wow what kind of fucked up things have people done to you in the past and how weak is your own mental strength
>>
>>74092860
I unironically think Amy Lee is a fantastic vocalist.

Her songwriting is normally just very questionable.
>>
>>74096167
somewhere i belong has it beat imo
meteora is definitely their best album
>>
>>74092705
If you read the Meteora booklet you'll find out that the song was bounced back and forth for 6 years and all of the members had an impact on it.
It's composed very well because of it, probably. I think they also collectively said it's their best song.
>>
>>74096266
You're on website where if you're not suitable racist, they demand you go back to another website.

On /mu/ alone, If you listen to certain things here you get laughed of the board.
It's not like dogpiles don't happen. People just conform to fit it, and/or for an easy life.
>>
File: IMG_1622.jpg (24KB, 194x260px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1622.jpg
24KB, 194x260px
>>74096743
>>
>>74092860
because Linkin Park had some genuinely good songs like What I've Done, Breaking The Habit, In The End (even though it's a meme it's not bad), Numb, New Divide - and this is from someone who doesn't even listen to Linkin Park but I can recognize good music when I hear it
>>
>>74096781
everything you said is meaningless
>>
>>74096128
having had Meteora as my Runescape mining album of choice at age 10, can confirm
>>
>>74096340
She's a pretty shitty songwriter without Ben.
>>
>>74096059
Nah Amy just kicked out basically everyone in the band including the person who made 80% of the whole band so she could make it the Amy show, make forced cookie-cutter writing and prove that she can make "better" music now even though nobody listens to it. She takes 7 year long breaks so just when they're coming out into the star light again they fade before they even make anything worth listening to anymore.
>>
>>74096767
OK? Don't know what me pointing out 4chan can be still be cliquey, despite being Anon has to do with that.
>>
>>74092186

I did that and the songs were as dumb as I remembered

How can someone's genuine pain seem so insincere
>>
>>74097016
Wait, how did she manage that? What's with the take over?
>>
>>74092860
Evanescence had one LP gain steam on the back of a single, the rest of it was weak and the songwriting was loosely Christian.

Kid me liked every song on Meteora, and even now just looking at the track list there are preeeetty memorable hooks and melodies at tracks 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, and 13 :-)

people tried with Evanescence and I promise Hot Topic profited more than you could reasonably expect from their One Memorable Single
>>
>>74092709
yeah but he has accomplished literally nothing musically. At least Chester had a decent voice and wrote lyrics.
>>
>>74092186
Everyone is saying breaking the Habit hurts now. What about Shadow of the Day? Listen to that. It hurts bad
>>
>>74097085
I have no idea but it's known that she was a total bitch to them and it was never explained why. After their first album without Ben she fired the drummer then the bassist left shortly after, breaking his contract by announcing his departure. It was a big drama and Amy still won't talk about it to this day.

The kicked out band members even got together and made a new band called We Are the Fallen. http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ben-moody-the-truth-about-why-i-left-evanescence-and-formed-we-are-the-fallen/
>>
File: FaceApp_1500770034495.jpg (99KB, 418x418px) Image search: [Google]
FaceApp_1500770034495.jpg
99KB, 418x418px
>>74092186
Smile, Chester!
>>
>>74097254
A solid majority of their songs hurt now, not least of which is their new album; it reads like a cry for help just from the track names.
>>
>>74097127
I concur. Fallen had tons of chartopping singles: My Immortal, Everybody's Fool, Going Under and of course the memey Bring Me to Life.
>>
>/mu/ suddenly likes edge music for children because chessboard necked himself

more people were making fun of bowie for dying than this fag
>>
File: sqeaky snake.jpg (16KB, 189x197px) Image search: [Google]
sqeaky snake.jpg
16KB, 189x197px
I've been laughing about their faggy lyrics ever since I learned english, but now I feel kind of bad
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.