[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>why does she call herself Lorde? >look it up >her real

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: lorde.jpg (56KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
lorde.jpg
56KB, 1024x682px
>why does she call herself Lorde?
>look it up
>her real name is Ella Marija Lani Yelich-O'Connor

No wonder she uses a stage name.
>>
i like her
>>
You know most musicians have stage names of some kind...
Paul McCartney was originally James Paul McCartney
Johnny Cash was originally JR Cash and then John Cash
Bob Dylan was Robert Zimmerman
etc
>>
File: 1462805665229.jpg (23KB, 269x314px) Image search: [Google]
1462805665229.jpg
23KB, 269x314px
>>74084239
WOW, YOU REALLY GOT HER WITH THAT ONE!
>>
>>74083984

whats the plot behind this pool scene?
>>
>>74084239
why does Beck just have a regular name? who does he think he is
>>
>>74083984
I'm far from famous.
So take this with a grain of a salt.
But I frequently act in community theater and I adopted a stage name for a few reasons.

A) It makes you stand out more
B) It allows you separation of your private life and life as an actor/performer
and C), Continuing from B, I got in legal trouble a few years ago and my name (and photo) was on the front page of the paper (I live in my state's capital) and all over the local news as well.

So I thought it best to change my name in case someone looked me up, because if you searched my real name, all the stories related to the legal troubles came up.

So TL;DR there's many reasons one can choose to use a stage name.
>>
>>74084328
What did you do, faggot?
>>
>>74083984
>pretending like artists have never used stage names
if i called myself matt when i performed, like how fucking lame would that be, like "we're matt and the mind takers", that's so fucking lame.
>>
>>74084336
Long story short, my ex cheated on me.

I got super depressed and a little crazy.

Ended up slashing her tires on several occasions, attempting to start her car on fire, and generally doing shit like following the bus she would take in the morning and drive past at 80+ honking my horn, or late at night.

I was also drinking daily at the time, and still in high school.

Them was bad times my man.
>>
>>74084367
love is very misleading
>>
>>74084397
True that, true that.

When my more recent ex did the same thing, I instead fucked up by trying to stay friends with her for nearly a year as she proceeded to get with new guy after new guy.
(and they all proceeded to cheat on her one after the other).

I should feel karmic justification in that, but truth be told I still really only have feelings for her.

Love is some fucked up shit man.

When it's good, it's fucking amazing.
But when it goes bad?

Fuck. That.
>>
>>74084328
Reminds me of a guy I knew.

>totally normal guy
>really nice
>doing some facebook stalking because I think his cousin is cute
>he doesn't use the same last name on facebook
>do a google search
>turns out he was in an institution for bringing a knife to school and attacking a bunch of students
>lucky for him he didn't succeed in killing anybody
>he served his time, and apparently they fixed whatever mental illness he had
>now he has a girlfriend, goes to church every week, and you'd never guess that he did something so awful when he was a teenager

Hmm.
>>
>>74084512
Not going to lie, when I was in that period of my life I entertained such notions myself.

I even began reading American Psycho with altogether too much sympathy for bateman.

Luckily I made it through all that, not only physically, not only mentally, but with a clean record to boot.

So what can you do I guess.
Can't change the past.

Can only learn from it.
>>
>>74084512
>>74084551
>tfw you font institutionlized for 2 months for trying to kill yourself by jumping off the roof of your hs
>tfw you never told anyone you met in college about it
>tfw normies regularly come to you for emotional support and advise
when you're actually insane pretending like you're not becomes second nature.
>>
>>74084574
>>74084328
I do game development and I'm semi-popular in the indie scene at the moment, but I use a fake name because my cousin is a politician but he repeatedly raped and abused me as a kid. I try to put as much distance between myself and him as possible, especially since when I finally came out to my parents about it they tried to bring him to justice but he was already really powerful on a local level so it was just swept under the rug. No one knows about it irl except my wife, and maybe 2-3 of my closest and oldest friends, but throughout school, at work, and in general people think of me as like an emotional rock and always go to me first for emotional help and support even though I struggle with clinical, suicidal depression myself. No one notices. It's bizarre.

So yeah I can totally sympathize for a huge number of reasons for using a stage name.
>>
>>74084322
He named himself after the beer. He's a living advertisement. Gets $100/second. Truly a genius.
>>
>>74084875
Yeah, everyone knows how popular Beck Beer is.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.