[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since 2009, Animal Collective have put out: >Centipede Hz

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

Since 2009, Animal Collective have put out:

>Centipede Hz
>Painting With

Both are generally regarded to be mediocre or just bad.

But, individually, the members of Animal Collective have put out since 2009:

>Tomboy
>Panda Bear Meets the Grim Reaper
>Sleep Cycle
>Down There
>Eucalyptus

These albums all have a greater RYM rating than the last two AnCo albums, and most would agree are generally just better.

So, is it time for Animal Collective as a group to throw in the towel?
>>
only muh mpp plebs think pw and chz r bad
also most ppl either slept on or straight up shit on tomboy and pbvgr
>>
They really just need to kick out Panda. Deak/Avey/Geo lineup when?
>>
>>74082772
Centipede Hz is their second best album of their sellout era (which began with Feels) after MPP
Painting With is one of their worst, but it's still better than Feels and maybe Strawberry Jam
>>
>>74082800
More importantly, solo Geo when?
>>
>>74082810
Strawberry Jam is their best you meatball
>>
>>74082827
only if you have no taste whatsoever
>>
>>74082772
Do you honestly care what rym says about anything? And if so, why? It's just a website
>>
>>74082772
but i like chz
>>
>>74082978
It's public opinion, consensus. It's a better resource than fucking Pitchfork that's for sure.
>>
>>74083128
>a crowd of p4k, fantano drones is better than p4k that's for sure
>>
>>74082772
Centipede Hz is good
Meeting of the Waters is good
Eucalyptus is okay, but not nearly as good as any AnCo record.
I think they've just had a bad run for a few years. I don't know if they'll ever recover, because they're getting pretty old for musicians, but I'm still hopeful.

>>74082810
They've always said they considered themselves a pop group. I don't know why you would say they started "selling out" during the creation of Feels when they've been like that forever.

>>74082816
I'm wanting it, too, but I'm doubtful it'll ever happen.

>>74082978
this
>>
>>74083128
>p4k loves Spirit
>RYM does the same

>p4k hates Danse
>RYM does the same

>p4k doesn't care about Campfire Songs much
>RYM does the same

>p4k loves every album from Sung Tongs to MPP
>RYM does the same

>p4k doesn't like Centipede Hz that much
>RYM does the same

>p4k disliked Painting With
>RYM does the same
>>
>>74083235
>I don't know why you would say they started "selling out" during the creation of Feels when they've been like that forever.
because they haven't?
>>
File: 17522.jpg (70KB, 735x588px) Image search: [Google]
17522.jpg
70KB, 735x588px
>>74083254
>>
>>74082772
half of Sleep Cycle is incredible, Deakin as a solo songwriter is full of potential with that disarming honesty and powerful lyricism man
I really hope he gets to work on new music soon, Golden Chords quickly became one of my favourite acoustic tracks ever
>>
Centipede Hz is fantastic. Only plebs would disagree.

AnCo are still in top form. Stop falling for the pitchfork meme.
>>
>>74082792
true and extra point for angel pic
>>74083370
I wouldn't say "top" form but they certainly haven't dropped off as hard as some people / p4k would have you believe. They are the greatest band of the 00's so even their "weaker" stuff is still fuckin top tier
>>
CHz is great and I regularly go back to it.
I also liked PW, but I got burned out from listening to it so many times.
>>
no, it's time to put panda back on drums and out of songwriting and let Avey handle that. Panda's tracks on Painting with were pretty bad whereas avey's were great.
>>
>>74082816
More importantly, new Deak LP when?
>>
>>74083370
It would be good if the mixing wasn't so atrocious.
>>
Centipede Hz is fucking dope.
Fuck you if you don't agree.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.