[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best thing to learn piano on? I'm thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 41ebZSSeaGL.jpg (25KB, 500x387px) Image search: [Google]
41ebZSSeaGL.jpg
25KB, 500x387px
What's the best thing to learn piano on? I'm thinking of getting the Yamaha P35, which is £300 or so in this country. It has full weighted keys, 88 of 'em, but is a bit limited in sound, although i'm more bothered about learning to play than record

OR my mum's spare keyboard, another Yamaha but with plastic as fuck synth action keys, and only 61 one them.
>>
>>74078172
>What's the best thing to learn piano on?
A piano
>>
>>74078172
bump, I'm also interested, specially in the most budget friendly options
>>
>>74078172
A piano
>>
>>74078240
I don't have the space or money, a digital piano is the closest thing i'll be able to get
>>
>>74078276
You mean a keyboard

Also it doesn't fucking matter. It's really fucking easy the hardest part is learning to read sheet music
>>
>>74078652
Thanks for the input

Yeah i'm starting to make head & tails about it but still hard of course
>>
>>74078676
Yeah I still have no idea about sheet music I gotta learn it but I've been busy. But I know the note placements and chords and stuff I just don't know a lot of songs because of my inability to read sheet music.
But I can tell you it's not hard I can play piano pretty good and I have only the basics down

(But this could be just because I'm "gifted" with it people tell me I am. But I'm not in my opinion) anyway yeah it's still easy
>>
Hijacking this thread a bit, because I also want to learn piano.

I have a keyboard, I know how to play another instrument (trumpet) and can read sheet music. But where do I go from there? Is there a "teach yourself piano" book?

Also, do synthesizers play exacty or similar to a piano?
>>
>>74078872
Pretty much, yes, to the synth part anyway. Except you don't have to play a synth like a piano, of course. Most are designed to be played by people with no musical training, hence arpeggiators and sequencers and what not.
>>
Just use your mom's keyboard. If you want, you can MIDI it up to your computer and use a software synth. Keyboards with weighted keys are expensive and I'd just get started on one without them if I were you.
>>
I just got a Yamaha P45 for about $400 last month. The weighted key action is pretty good, the sound is decent through the in-built speakers. It sounds a bit restrained, but you get its full effect through the headphones well. I also tried the P115, I'd suggest getting that one if you can save up and stretch your budget a bit. It's significantly better in terms of speaker quality and features.
>>
>>74078904
Software synths work surprisingly well.
>>
>>74078904
It hasn't got midi sadly

>>74078908
Thanks for the advice, i'll think about it but i'm just mostly interested in a low price, 88 keys and fully weighted keys, which the P35/P45 pretty much all has for me
>>
>>74080201
i'll bump your face
>>
>>74078172
Hey I've got that model or very close to, the key weighting is nice and comes with a pedal. The stand might be a good option too. And BTW you're right to say digital piano whatever the other cocks ITT say.
>>
>>74078904
>>74078947

if you want to actually learn real piano don't bother with any keyboard without weighted keys

softsynths are nice but booting up a daw and whatnot can be a bit annoying when all you want to do is bang out a few chords or something

get a p115, privia px160, or korg b1.
>>
>>74080311
will you buy me one of those
>>
>>74080519
Sent ;)
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.