[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so the most important rock album of all time has influenced what,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: on.jpg (1MB, 2836x1411px) Image search: [Google]
on.jpg
1MB, 2836x1411px
so the most important rock album of all time has influenced what, 7% of all rock music?
>>
>>74073558
Trout Mask was shit, kill yourself. It didn't influence shit.
>>
>>74073597
you must be new here

>summerfag
>>
>>74073597
>>74073610
Good posting everyone, keep it up.

>>74073558
I can see why it'd be referred to as the best, but what would make it the most important?
>>
>>74073610
>Unironically calling someone a summerfag
>>
>>74073659
so scaruffi is an idiot?
>>
>>74073558
>so the most important rock album of all time has influenced what, 7% of all rock music?
vu&n is the most influenced rock album
>>
>>74073558
who the hell is saying is the most important rock album of all time?
>>
>>74073684
Yes he is. The only reason we even care about him is because he shit on the Beatles. The question still remains, what makes it the most IMPORTANT?
>>
Most influential rock album's probably something by The Beatles or Elvis.
>>74073558
Nah, it only hit niche stuff like certain forms of experimental rock, post-punk, and math rock.
>>74073688
TVU&N only hit alternative forms of rock music, which is also quite niche compared to more straightforward forms of rock music.
>>
>>74073766
the fact that
>>
>>74073558
How the fuck do you measure influence in percent?
>>
>>74073766
id say highway 61 revisited
>>
>>74073792
I guess you could do it by a percentage of albums from a randomly chosen group of rock albums which are clearly directly influenced by TMR
>>
File: 5b6b476a764543c98772690fccab1090.jpg (141KB, 770x1027px) Image search: [Google]
5b6b476a764543c98772690fccab1090.jpg
141KB, 770x1027px
That record has an aura of "art-rock" that the previous albums don't have.

The work is so innovative and complex as to be nearly indecipherable. The rhythm section sounds so polyrhythmic that all rhythm is lost. The singing , vaguely interested in music, travels within alien universes. The guitar acts as atonal contracanto. The counterpoint of the ensemble is something halfway between the orchestral chaos of Charles Ives and the audacity of John Cage

Trout Mask Replica is above all a collage of abstract paintings, each different from the other in color, intensity and contrast, yet they're all homogeneous in their "abstraction".
Most of the songs are miniatures of dense, dark and crackling sounds that present themselves as a white man's rhythm and blues, but are in effect delirious episodes of psychosis. They preserve a shadow of bloodcurdling melody in the unbalanced bacchanal of the instruments, but is like the gasping of the moribund trying to articulate a phrase but only succeeding in putting together a blabbering mess: Ant Man Bee, Frownland, My Human Gets Me Blues, Sweet Sweet Bulbs. Here Beefheart's Dadaism is at its apex. The lyrics are pure nonsense, abstract sketches that serve only to set the listener on the wrong track.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.