[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm seeing Paul McCartney live on Tueday for his One on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: paulmacca.jpg (133KB, 1095x750px) Image search: [Google]
paulmacca.jpg
133KB, 1095x750px
I'm seeing Paul McCartney live on Tueday for his One on One Tour. What should I expect? I was never into his new stuff but I got these tickets as a gift
>>
>>74068243
Get ready for some overrated butt rock music and some Beatles track. The only good that you're going to get is Paul's unusual high energy preformance for his age.
>>
Well, other than being ready to expect the typical tracks from the Wings period and the Beatles tracks from him that got REALLY popular, you're bound to get a mix of quite a few Beatles tracks, one song as a tribute to John, one as a tribute to George (usually Something), and then he kind of just covers most of his repertoire. Expect him to open with a 64-65 Beatles song and to have at least one Wings song and one solo song within the first 5 tracks. He's very energetic, which is a surprise, and he doesn't really discriminate between periods - though, of course, he will lean to certain things. If you're somewhat lucky, expect a Firemen song. Don't expect huge orchestral things - his backing band is a lead guitarrist, a rhythm guitarrist/bassist, a keyboardist and a drummer, and that's it.

It's very much a slightly old-school show, but it's quite nice, the atmosphere is great, he has plenty of energy and honestly the man knows how to please a crowd and to be able to use songs from all his periods into one cohesive show. That said, he has a penchant for songs from Let It Be and Band on the Run, so don't be too surprised if those show up.

There's a quite good live album he did, Good Evening New York. Kinda gives you an idea of the repertoire, although it's never gonna be 1-to-1.
>>
I saw him in Sacramento near the start of the tour and it was incredible.
>>74068296
This is fairly accurate, waaaaaay too much of his mediocre stuff from Wings, would've liked more Beatles or earlier solo stuff.
My dad and I were drunk and kept yelling for Helter Skelter between breaks and Paul actually got pissed at us
>>
As good of a concert that it probably is, wouldn't you feel slightly ripped off if half of it were Wings stuff?
>>
I'd say to at least listen to Memory Almost Full and Ram before you go.
>>
>>74068243
Just request Temporary Secretary until he plays it
>>
>>74068296
>Paul's unusual high energy preformance for his age.

How does he do it bros
>>
>>74068243
Hey, I'll be there too! I've got tix for the Tuesday and Wednesday shows.
>>
>>74068452
I want to hear more Wings/solo stuff and less Beatles stuff.
>>
>>74068528
I saw him in Cincinnati last year and he did play it, and I was the only person in my entire section to stand up and cheer
>>
>>74069443
MISTER MARKS
>>
I unironically love NEW
>>
Does he sign anything? I'm thinking of bringing Revolver but I'm afraid he's only gonna do posters, or worse, nothing at all.
>>
File: D-LUN.jpg (47KB, 868x652px) Image search: [Google]
D-LUN.jpg
47KB, 868x652px
>>74068243
I didn't realize Diego Luna did music.
>>
>>74068243
Expect for him to die on Monday.
>>
>>74069627
REEEEEEEE
>>
>>74069627
I think hell be fine
>>
>>74069965
>>74069627
>>74069850
>no dubs
false alarm
>>
>>74068243
I saw him last year, expected his voice to have gone but it held up surprisingly well. He peppers a lot of annecdotes about the Beatles between the songs so it's very entertaining if you're a fan.

Here's the setlist from when I saw him:
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/paul-mccartney/2016/werchterpark-werchter-belgium-13ff9dd5.html

Highlights were Live and Let Die, Abbey Road Medley, Mr Kite
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.