[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mu/sicians who live in an apartment. how do you records? my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1500604396822.jpg (23KB, 500x500px)
1500604396822.jpg
23KB, 500x500px
/mu/sicians who live in an apartment. how do you records? my current apts walls are so thin i can smell what my neighbor cooks and hear when she uses her vibrator.
>>
>>74056967
bamp.
>>
>>74056967
Bump for that pic.
>>
>>74056967
im going to bump as well
>>
>>74056967
I guess I'll bump
>>
>>74056967
Just do it. Learn about room acoustics. Try using objects to create a small chamber if the ambient noise gets too disruptive in your actual recordings. Also, look into different kinds of mics if you're willing to invest money. Some mics can eliminate and subdue ambient noise based on positioning and built-in settings.

If all else fails, meet musicians in your town to jam and/or find out if anybody's willing to help you record with their home studio. I had a friend offer me the opportunity to be his lab rat for his pretty nice home studio for free, and I met him through craigslist, as a drummer. We jammed on and off, and after about a year, he gave me the offer. Really friendly guy too. He still lived with his parents while paying rent, and we would get blazed and buzzed and go see shows together sometimes.

Can't find opportunities and improve if you don't take risks. I'm pretty autistic in public too, so I dealt with a lot of awkward moments, even with him and his friends. I still cringe thinking about it sometimes, but overall, I'm grateful I went through with all of it.
>>
Ouch this meme is gonna offend some idiots with shit music taste. bump
>>
>>74056967
>i can smell what my neighbor cooks
that's more the ventilation flow than the walls.
>>
>>74056967
bump
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.