[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't Scruffy talk about how the Beatles pioneered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: mccartney.jpg (35KB, 471x500px) Image search: [Google]
mccartney.jpg
35KB, 471x500px
Why didn't Scruffy talk about how the Beatles pioneered folk-rock?
>>
Because he's a pseudointellectual hack who cherry-picks history and makes up facts to support his personal biases.
>>
Because Dylan and The Byrds did it better.
>>
Stop spamming this thread
>>
File: lennon2.png (132KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
lennon2.png
132KB, 300x256px
>>74056877
You guys have spammed that tasty Beatles pasta for years, and now I want some goddamn answers
>>
>>74056787

Because he's emotionally and spiritually bankrupt.
>>
because they didn't.

they just hopped onto the trend like everytime
>>
>>74056870
/thread
>>
>>74057344
A Hard Day's Night:

>first album to combine rock & bob dylan influence
>first album featuring an electric 12-string guitar
>recorded in february 1964
>inspired roger mcguinn to create the byrds
>>
>>74056787
because he's not a real person, it's just some faggot /mu/tant who made a bait website using some random old man's facebook photos
>>
>>74057440
The Dylan influences were on Beatles For Sale anon...
>>
>>74057568
I Should Have Known Better
>>
>>74057440
just because it partially inspired the byrds to pioneer folk rock doesnt mean it pioneered folk rock
>>
>>74057701
The Beatles were literally doing the same thing before the Byrds were, but with original songs instead of covers
>>
Sandy Bull is Piero's ace in the hole for a lot of this pioneering talk.
>>
>>74057737
using 12 string electric guitar =/= exact same thing as byrds
>>
The
>>
>>74057968
That's true, and I'll concede that playing Dylan-influenced pop songs with an electric 12-string guitar =/= playing pop covers of Dylan songs with an electric 12-string guitar
>>
>>74058188
Byrds wrote songs too, just their most popular ones were covers.
>>
>contemporaries never spoke highly of the Beatles

>So I was in a high old state of affairs, and Clem walked in one afternoon with that first Beatles album, Meet the Beatles. He put it on, and I just didn't know what to think. It absolutely floored me- "Those are folk-music changes, but it's got rock and roll backbeat. You can't do that, but they did! Holy yikes!"
David Crosby (1995)

>The Beatles came out about that time and I got really jazzed by the Beatles. I loved what they were doing and they were doing a lot of passing chords. Like instead of just going like G, C, D, they'd go G, Bm, Em, C, Am, to D. So, the minor and passing chords I liked and, I thought these are really folk music chord changes. I kind of got it from what they were doing, I guess because they'd been a skiffle band.
Roger McGuinn (2006)

>The blending of Folk and Rock was something that was inspired by The Beatles when I was working for Bobby Darin in New York. I was in the Brill Building in 1963 and I heard The Beatles and it inspired a combination of Folk and Rock and I went down to Greenwich Village and I started playing traditional songs with a Beatle beat and gradually when I went out to the West Coast Gene Clark came along and David Crosby and we formed The Byrds around that sound.
Roger McGuinn (2007)
>>
>>74058278
>Byrds wrote songs too
Okay, so both bands were doing the same thing.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.