[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recommend me a nice electronic drum kit /mu/. >inb4 get an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: plankton.jpg (106KB, 896x517px) Image search: [Google]
plankton.jpg
106KB, 896x517px
Recommend me a nice electronic drum kit /mu/.
>inb4 get an acoustic kit
Not an option in a crowded city with hypersensitive neighbors. I can't even practice guitar without risking a noise complaint.
>>
>>74055246
Roland V-Drums Portable TD-4KP
>>
>thinking electric drum kits are quiet enough for apartments
>>
nord drum 3P is affordable enough and is pretty cool. i like the design
>>
>>74055246
you're still gonna make noise with an electronic kit bud, plus they're not good to learn on because there's less bounce on real drums and it makes your chops weak
>>
>>74055246
Forget the e-kit and just budget for regular time at a local rehearsal studio. Unless you're paying +$5000 and don't have neighbors e-kits are some of the worst music products you can buy
>>
>>74055405
>>74055475
>>74055529
Ok maybe the noise complaint is a stretch but it has happened so I prefer to practice with head phones. I'm just looking to dip my toe in percussion playing. How bad is the noise as opposed to acoustics? Should I just go for an acoustic then?
>>
>>74055567
I have one and the noise is pretty bad, i mean for the strokes to hit you have hit them pretty hard. Try hitting a drum stick on piece of plastic youl hear them in rooms next door
>>
>>74055567
It's not the noise, it's the vibrations. No matter how soft you think your playing, your neighbors will hear you stomping on your bass pedal.

If you want to get into drumming, look into practice studios and start taking lessons
>>
>>74055657
Good thing I'm on the first floor. I will look into lessons definitely. And I guess a follow up would be what's a good spending range for electric and for acoustic once I'm ready?
>>
>>74055836
DO NOT buy an acoustic if you live in an apartment. You'll waste your money and probably get evicted. If you really really need an e-kit, don't spend less than $400 and stick to brands like Roland and Yamaha exclusively. Avoid Alesis and other budget brands
>>
>>74056091
No yeah the acoustic would not have been for the apartment if anything it would be in a few years since I'm almost out of college. This is just for when I'm more familiar with the instrument which will probably take some time and ill be living somewhere else.
>>
>>74056181
Well if you eventually get an acoustic set, try to find something used, and spend more money on cymbals and than the actual drums
>>
>>74056411
>something used
Just like guitar and bass.
What is an approximate spending range for putting together a kit from used pieces?
>>
>>74056091
This, also the noise of an acoustic kit can do quite a bit of damage to your ears over time.
>>
>>74056577
Obviously depends on your budget but I'd say ~1000 all in. You can go cheaper, but you'll definitely be cutting some big corners in terms of quality if you do. Get a Wuhan cymbal set (by far the most bang for your buck), some cheap hardware (look at yamaha, also bass pedals are super important), and then the actual set can be anything (it's mainly about how you tune it and the configuration you want, just replace the heads if their old/cheap)
>>
>>74056645
I remember a few years ago I was talking to this orchestra bass player and I asked him if he had any hearing damage from any gig and he said, "nah, just stay away from the high hat"
>>
>>74055246

just download ableton, it comes with like 1000 pre-set drum kits
>>
>>74056809
It's the snare and crash cymbals that are the most dangerous.
>>
>>74055475
>there's less bounce on real drums and it makes your chops weak
If anything, the worse bounce improves your technique, because you can't rely on the drums to help you with the upstroke.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.