[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hell of a Life is the only thing stopping me from thinking this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Hell of a Life is the only thing stopping me from thinking this is a 10, can any of you that like it tell me why its actually genius?
>>
>>74053198
sex sounds
>>
the album goes downhill from halfway.
>>
>>74053198
HOW YOU GONNA SAY THEY LIVE THEY LIFE WRONG?

WHEN YOU NEVER FUCK WITH THE LIGHTS ON
>>
>>74053198
The instrumental break right after the hook/chorus of Hell of a Life is one of the best on the album, though the song is still the worst
>>
>>74053198
Well what are your problems with it?
>>
File: 1493150270768.png (295KB, 581x692px) Image search: [Google]
1493150270768.png
295KB, 581x692px
>memerap
>anything above mediocre
>>
>>74053198
only when you stop taking kanye west seriously, can one take themselves seriously
>>
Hell of a life is personally one of my favorites on the album. It's insane that it comes right after runaway, where Kanye seemingly comes to understand how much of a piece of shit he really is, and goes back to doing the same thing that he hates himself for. The lyrics, while they seem kindof oaf-ish, are layered in some type of self-pity and angst as if the things he's talking about is the last thing that he wants to be doing, but he does it anyway because he doesn't know how else to be happy or feel fulfilled.
>>
>>74053650
I like that the brashness of the lyricism and the instrumentation are so much the opposite of Runaway's; it really gave me the impression that he was spiraling downwards and trying to escape, and Blame Game following it is where he taps into the tender side again
>>
>>74053650
This, for sure.
It's my least favorite on the album, but it definitely has its place in the overall "narrative" of the album, if you want to look at it like that. Hell of a Life serves as his relapse back into the world that he recognizes caused his original "downfall," and he seems to understand how contradictory it is with lines like "pussy and religion are all I need" - two inherently conflicting things.
>>
>>74053650
>>74053764
>>74053802

thanks guys, this has given me a little more appreciation for it in the context of the album
>>
>>74053526
>the album goes downhill from halfway.
runaway? lost in the world? blame game?
>>
>>74054220
after hell of a life
>>
>>74054220
Blame Game is Kanye's worst song to date
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.