[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

don't come to /mu/ much but I came to see the discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

don't come to /mu/ much but I came to see the discussion and memes about Chester. Saw a couple other threads and quickly realized this is one of the worst places on the internet to discuss music. No one even knows anything about music from a technical standpoint and so many people seem to have massive genre barriers (a completely pointless and abstract characteristic to have).

Why do you hang out here?
>>
You literally just figured this out?

I just come here for /classical/ and /jazz/ at least in those threads there's a bit of musical discussion, even if it goes as far as "I like this, you might like this too"

I've stopped wanting to discuss music in general, real life or online. Too many stupid people.
>>
>>74052065
>real life

yeah that's always been a shit endeavor. there's no established cultural norms for discussing music in person and it's tiring having to listen to your friend show you a trash song.
>>
>>74052198
I usually want a little more discussion when it comes to music. Music discussion - especially in real life - feels like small talk and it's cringy to be a part of. Most of the people I've ever had the discomfort of speaking to about music can for some reason never go further than "haha, I like it" Just becomes incredibly awkward if you go any further than that.
>>
>>74052500

Do you feel that even with musicians it's just as difficult if not more-so? Obviously varies but man, statistically speaking from my experiences, most "musicians' still can't carry a music conversation.
>>
>>74052763
Most of my discussions have either been with friends who have very little interest in music in general. But a good amount of music fans I speak to are at my local record store, most are in some local band or DJ somewhere locally, but even conversations with them feel like awkward small talk, DJs are a little more interesting because just the sheer amount of music they listen to.
>>
>>74052010
Today of all days is the worst time to fucking think this board is terrible for music discussion. Considering all the crossboarding and the fact its summer, makes it all the worse.
>>
>>74052763
>
It's irrelevant, it's either I like it or I don't. Need any explanation really? You can say a few things but really what is there to technically say.. Most stuff is absolute shit. yeah chester is dead, it's sad, in the end... we are all going to die, and it doesnt matter eventually. Music is uninspired 90% of the time. The rest 10% is worthwhile, but most of it is still undeveloped. You are looking at 1% of music or less that is worth considering. So no, it's not really worth discussing, it's either there or its not. And that discussion is about as far as discussing music needs to go, unless you're looking for techniques of recording, mixing, etc. that can improve specific sounds.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.