[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Growing up isn't always simple. And lots of people turn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 2016_1121_10272_5121.jpg (221KB, 5616x3744px) Image search: [Google]
2016_1121_10272_5121.jpg
221KB, 5616x3744px
Growing up isn't always simple. And lots of people turn to music for support. While I was a kid, and an angsty teen, and even a normal older teenager; I've enjoyed listening to Linkin Park (not many people even think of saying that, but few actually did like their music yes). Seeing all this extra negativity towards them today, it really hurts me man. Until a source that's not TMZ comes along, I wanna say he's alive still. Maybe it's denial. Maybe
>>
I feel you. Linkin park really arranged the words neatly that described what i felt and it made me feel understood. As much as I can't associate to their old music anymore, their new ones sometimes do. Especially fucking One more light. I appreciate their effort to help on a global scale too with music for relief. they're a pretty great group of people even if their music isn't appreciated. Will always love, man.
>>
>>74043245
Everyone deserves to have music, man.
LP's music just catered to the feelings that teenagers often have. It validated those feelings and honestly made me happier as an awkward, depressive teen.
I don't normally write this sort of pussy shit but the news has really upset me as well, suicide sucks.
>>
>>74043245
But there were sources other than TMZ
>>
Where did this meme that no one likes their music come from? They were hugely successful. I think you faggots conflate jokes with dislike. LP was easy to make fun of but the (early) albums were pretty good.
>>
>>74043245
Mike Shinoda confirmed it on Twitter my man

He's gone but his influence on the music world and a lot of us still stands as strong as ever, whether you liked him or not
>>
>>74043726
nah there's been a lot of nagging that they should stop making music and return to their roots of hybrid theory. A lot of people are displeased with the music they've been releasing recently, but imo it's just whiny trash people with no sense of progression.
>>
>>74043245
They bridged the gap for me from Green Day-exclusive (besides my Dad's classic rock like Moody Blues, Pink Floyd, Beatles, etc.) into heavier *and* beat-based musics. From Linkin Park I went into System of a Down & Deftones, but also started the whole trees of rap and electronic stuff. I have a lot to thank Meteora for, guys.

Sure their new album was a generous 2/5, but shit. They're old. They tried something they hadn't done. People ridiculed the *shit* out of that new release....that has to get to anybody. I wonder if that's why he did it? :(
>>
>>74043550
I love their old stuff. And I still really liked One More Light (Although Kiiara was a shit choice imo)
>>
>>74043717
I was in denial.
>>
>>74044283
how you went from one genre to another, LP did the eXACT same thing for me too
>>
>>74044283
If harsh criticism from fans was the main reason he did it, then we'd have a whole lot more musicians killing themselves.

He openly talked about being molested by an older dude for a long time during his childhood and he said it made him want to kill himself before.

I'm sure that kind of upbringing kind of cursed him into having an unstable mind, which probably snowballed as he grew up. I wonder if he ever even sought professional help. Friends, family, recognition and financial success can only do so much.
>>
>>74047129
he had 6 kids. What baffles me is that his wife and kids love him but if I was him, I'd show my self weak on my knees to them. I'd want to hug the fuck out of them even if my problems wouldn't disappear. It's more about removing the stigma of not feeling sane or normal. It's okay to feel shit and it needs to be adressed and constantly pursued. it's hard. but i just fucking wish I could've done more for my friend before he offed himself. I wish he had hugged me and told me.

I think it's no coincidence that he hung himself today, on the day his friend was born, who killed himself two months ago. it's hard man. it's a very hard life and i hope people find their solution to live on. it pains me immensely to scroll through chesters tweets and seeing his family tweeting with pictures of themselves and he retweets them.
>>
>>74045728
yeah same. I appreciate and enjoy their new music, too. It's nice to see a band having fun and trying new things. The biggest thing with linkin park has been that their lyrics make me feel understood and they put words to me thoughts and feelings. it's always been that way and I don't care as long as they speak to me I'll keep listening.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.