[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AIC blows every other grunge/metal band out of the fucking water,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: Alice_in_Chains4.jpg (226KB, 500x325px) Image search: [Google]
Alice_in_Chains4.jpg
226KB, 500x325px
AIC blows every other grunge/metal band out of the fucking water, and yet practically nobody listens to them. Why?
>>
>>74038184
Because /mu/ has shit taste and likes entry level hipster garbage
>>
>>74038184
Because grunge is garbage to begin with.
>>
>>74038184
the media didn't worship them and /mu/ only likes meme

this is pure music right here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBdXLRl2g2E
>>
>>74038184
Probably because while Kobain was a whiny edgelord who took his edgelording too far, the entire AiC discography reads like Layne Staley's long-running suicide note, and that shit is too heavy for most non-metalfag normies.
>>
>>74038206
>Because grunge is garbage to begin with.
Agreed, but Alice is on a different level entirely.
>>
>>74038220
Pretty much this. I think it's honestly just too dark for most people. Goes to show you how fucking retarded the average human is, they'd rather listen to shitty hip hop than something with actual emotion and feeling.
>>
>>74038216
One of my absolute favorite songs. Jar of Flies was great, but I'd have to say as a whole that Dirt is my favorite album. It was so fucking raw and brooding.
>>
>>74038267
i like aic and hip hop
this is just as emotional as aic actually
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J--rO7FP16U
>>
>>74038216
It's honestly amazing that he lived as long as he did.

It always gives me the feels because Layne Staley's the rock frontman who looks the most like me.

Nutshell is without a doubt the GOAT song to come out of American alternative in the 90s, while Dirt is arguably the GOAT American alternative album of the 90s.
>>
File: 1496054585950.gif (474KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1496054585950.gif
474KB, 200x150px
>>74038293
>comparing this bullshit to AIC
Dude.
>>
>>74038316
if you actually listened to the song and lyrics. you would see the similarities
>>
>>74038294
>Nutshell is without a doubt the GOAT song to come out of American alternative in the 90s, while Dirt is arguably the GOAT American alternative album of the 90s.
And the sad part is, 99% of people will never recognize this.
>>
>>74038223
I'll give you the benefit of doubt, what's their best release? For the record, I religiously hate grunge and post-grunge with some minor or arguable exceptions.
>>
File: IMG_0106.jpg (17KB, 207x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0106.jpg
17KB, 207x200px
>>74038223
>Man In The Box
>It Ain't Like That
>Sunshine
>I Know Something (Bout You)
>Am I Inside
>Brother
>Got Me Wrong
>Them Bones
>Down In a Hole
>Rain When I Die
>Junkhead
>Godsmack
>Rooster
>Dirt
>Angry Chair
>Would?
>What the Hell Have I
>Rotten Apple
>Nutshell
>I Stay Away
>No Excuses
>Wale & Wasp
>Don't Follow
>Grind
>Sludge Factory
>Heaven Beside You
>Shame In You
>So Close
>Frogs
>Over Now
>Killer Is Me

Thank you Layne & Jerry
>>
>>74038335
>if you actually listened to the song and lyrics. you would see the similarities
It's typical edgy "muh hard life" shit but without the quality lyrics and actual music to back it up. You're basically comparing experimental diarrhea to some of the greatest music ever made.
>>
>>74038373
>actual music
Sounds like actual music to me.
>>
>>74038267
Also gotta be in the mood for heavy hitting music. I used to hate hip hop and rap and once I stopped taking it so seriously I could enjoy it. Aic just great though :)
>>
>>74038373
no incorrect. both are great music.
danny is the hip hop alice in chains.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLTFgo2Z1EE
>>
>>74038368
>I'll give you the benefit of doubt, what's their best release?
Here's the thing, calling AIC "grunge" is probably doing them a disservice. They are what grunge wants to be. If you dislike most grunge, that has literally no bearing on whether you will like AIC because they are on a different plane of existence. If you consider yourself a music buff, dear god, please, you have to listen to the album Dirt in its entirety, trust me on this one. But here, these are a few favorites of mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB_fNVOPzyM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFgAE5SgFnw
>>
>>74038370
I would say they were one of the most consistently good acts of all time. Many bands/artists have a few really good songs and then a truckload of shit. Alice ha a smash hit with almost every tune. Even my least favorite songs are vastly better than most.
>>
File: 1464725230200.jpg (2MB, 1352x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1464725230200.jpg
2MB, 1352x1600px
>>74038456
Alright man, will do.
>>
Do you guys like s/t? I think it has some filler but it's pretty interesting
>>
>>74038456
I'll listen to that album

but the danny brown disrespect in this thread needs to fucking stop
>>
>>74038552
>Do you guys like s/t?
Band name?
>>
>>74038583
It stands for self-titled. Now, you need to go back.
>>
File: 1498342594733.jpg (62KB, 508x508px) Image search: [Google]
1498342594733.jpg
62KB, 508x508px
>>74038583
>>
>>74038603
>It stands for self-titled. Now, you need to go back.
Where do I go back to?
>>
>>74038343
Sometimes, I think it's better that way.

But yeah, they're really in a class by themselves. Only Billy Corgan came close, and even he didn't have the multi-album consistency. Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie definitely stand shoulder to shoulder with prime AiC, though, which is a real fucking achievement in its own right.
>>
>>74038552
>Do you guys like s/t? I think it has some filler but it's pretty interesting
If we're including EPs and all, I'd say it's probably my third favorite behind Dirt and Jar of Flies respectively. It definitely had some great shit but it wasn't on the level of their best shit. Facelift is probably my least favorite though, but still great.
>>
>>74038684
>Sometimes, I think it's better that way.
Truthfully, it probably is. Otherwise they'd just turn into another dicksuck band, but it sucks to know that talentless retards like Blink-182 and Nirvana will be remembered as the voices of the 90s when these fucking badasses existed.
>>
>>74038393
>>74038436
>>74038562
What the fuck is wrong with your niggers' ears? Danny Brown sounds like fucking shit, he's terrible by hip hop standards let alone in comparison to an act like Alice.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.