[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently started a relationship with my new girlfriend. Like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

I recently started a relationship with my new girlfriend. Like most 19 year old girls, shes a despacito tier plebeian.
What kind of music could i introduce to her to ease her into noble aristocracy?
What's the best entry level /mu/core?
>>
>>74036601
Talking heads and the velvet underground are the best entry-level /mu/core
>>
>>74036623
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHA
>>
>>74036623
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>74036623
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>74036639
>>74036641
>>74036653
not even that guy, but what is funny at all about that? both have had radio hits and are very accessible starting points to get into music on a deeper level
>>
>>74036773
> both have had radio hits and are very accessible starting points to get into music on a deeper level
okay then bud. pls explain how deep of a music fan you are

you know music theory right?
>>
File: whatsgoingon.jpg (375KB, 1414x1400px) Image search: [Google]
whatsgoingon.jpg
375KB, 1414x1400px
Put on some Marvin Gaye
>>
>>74036601
Judging someone based on their musical tastes is probably the most shallow way to judge someone save judging them based on their appearance. Just relax and respect her tastes instead of trying to change her.
>>
>>74036623
*breathes in*

AAAAAHHAAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>74036601
If you don't know what music to show her, you're probably a pleb too.
>>
>>74036601
Here is a chart of artists that would likely appeal to the female audience in general, I've made an effort to diversify genres as much as possible and include female artists that have created their own respective styles or pushed the boundaries of their respective boundaries (regardless of one's opinion on Grimes). That being said, no-one likes to be force fed a musical taste and you have to remember that the idea of listening to bossa nova, classical, jazz etc. Doesn't appeal to everyone. She may be fine with listening to what she enjoys already and whilst she might be missing out on what she could like even more it is not necessarily to her detriment. That being said feel free to namedrop of a couple of these albums though don't be aggressive about it or push her to listen to them, your taste does not define your persona and do not let anyone convince you otherwise - your eulogy will not contain and list of "patrician" artists and your investment in them, so make sure that she does enjoy them and if not then do not pressure her to have a "patrician" taste. Exploration is the only thing that matters, with the will to explore comes enjoyment in any area from art decor to harmonic motion.

>>74036623
I wouldn't say Talking Heads, though the Velvet Underground's later releases might provide some entertainment (as well as Reed's solo career, especially Berlin and Transformer).
>>
>>74036639
>>74036641
>>74036653
>>74036794
If she's full tier pleb I see nothing wrong with talking heads and velvet underground as starting points.
>>
Pavement or Talking Heads
>>
>>74036601
Try some /mu/ tier female pop, maybe Kate Bush or Bjork?
>>
womyn can't into music anyway. just pump and dump
>>
>>74036601
post-punk
>>
>>74036601
Most accessible mucore would be Taylor Swift, Lana Del Ray and Grimes.
>>
>>74037312
>Artaud by Pescado Rabioso
Yeah, only if she's a 19-year-old bohemian from Argentina/Uruguay/Chile
Feist and Portishead are cool recs though.

But, OP, you are fucking dumb if you're seriously trying to change her music taste.
>>
>>74037545
This
>>
>>74037953

>But, OP, you are fucking dumb if you're seriously trying to change her music taste.

lol? a girl taking on the taste of her BF is a thing so common that it's a regular sight.

you can immediately think of examples of this with other couples in your own life. don't even lie.
>>
>>74036639
>>74036641
>>74036653
>>74036996
b-but anon, he's true

>>74037418
also true

I would say that just spoonfeed the ITAOTS-pill
>>
>>74038010
Yeah, I don't deny that happens but I highly doubt that the bf shoved his tastes down her throat. If anything it's just something that happens naturally with time. And men do also take the tastes of their gfs too...
>>
>>74037312
>>74038010
Not particularly, there may be one or two artists that they both have in common though unless they are both explicitly interested in the medium its rather rate. The only case I've seen is where one of my old friend's girlfriends told him about the Goo Goo Dolls which I'm pretty sure he tolerates for the sake of appeasing her. And that's the reality, your music taste is something that she may very well appear to like so that you do not clash on the topic, no-one likes to be told that their point-of-view is inferior. If she thought that there was music she'd enjoy more than Despacito then she'd find it, she isn't waiting for the right guy to tell her that Bieber is shit and that she must religiously listen to Nick Cage or what have you.

>>74037953
I know what you mean, I was trying to bat for the variety angle and given that its become somewhat fashionable to like artists from particularly foreign backgrounds seemed that she might appreciate it. Slapped myself for not thinking of Bjork earlier though alas, its as good a list as I can come up with.
>>
>>74037312
This is good.

Show her some Kate Bush, Radiohead or Bjork
>>
itt: misogynist white males try to force a girl to fit into their own image and then get dumped couple months later

you wouldn't allow your gf to put makeup on your ugly face. stop forcing ppl to fit your "ideal" taste
>>
DES
>>
>>74038133
this but unironically
>>
>>74036601
why do you feel like your girlfriend has to listen to this or that? my girlfriend listens to the harry potter soundtrack and im like whatev.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.