[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guitarist here, been playing for a long time but never got really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: sXSuLBkg.jpg (292KB, 1536x1536px) Image search: [Google]
sXSuLBkg.jpg
292KB, 1536x1536px
Guitarist here, been playing for a long time but never got really serious about tone quality up until now. I'm currently using a combo amp and a multieffect processor, but I was thinking to change approach since I'm not much satisfied about the tone. I basically play only at home and I've always wanted to produce music, but always postponed for when I had good equipment: would it work if I bought only an amp head and connected it to an external sound card to record my playing with cubase? Will I lose quality? Could I hear in real time what I'm playing with my pc speakers (which are quite good)? Is there a more effective and/or efficient way to have the same results? I mostly play fusion jazz/rock, so I've been getting more and more picky with the tone choice during the years and I have no idea if because of that some options would be precluded. I'm sorry if these are dumb questions but I'm almost totally new to this and have nobody to ask
>>
>>74036578
If you want to record and only play at home without an amp head and cab, you could buy something like guitar rig which is basically amp modelling in a software that you can use to record. Whether or not this sounds better is generally up to the ear, but really nothing can beat a good amp and cab combo. Guitar rig doesn't sound bad though, and yes you can hear it in real time
>>
>>74036692
This is good advice.
>>
File: 1494543471190.jpg (135KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494543471190.jpg
135KB, 1920x1080px
Alot of your tone quality comes from the way you play though. Learn to play better scrub or spend the rest of your guitar career buying pedals and shit thinking that it will make you sound better.

>buy loads of gear
>some dude with a 30 dollar fender amp and beat to shit guitar still sounds better than you cause he spent time workimg on how he sounds and not how the guitar sounds
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.