[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>album overall is a relatively dark and serious portrayal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 51PD1KjLk9L.jpg (47KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51PD1KjLk9L.jpg
47KB, 500x500px
>album overall is a relatively dark and serious portrayal of drug abuse, gun violence, and the otherwise harshness of living in a poverty-stricken inner city
>one song is about the friend zone
what were they thinking?
>>
that real life is multifaceted and not just one gangsta tale after another
>>
the friend zone is a dangerous and hostile place ;^)
>>
this album is overrated
sure the beats are atmospheric or whatever but they're ultimately unfocused and boring
the MCs are p whatever too
>>
>>74036298
Are you implying the friendzone isn't a form of abuse?
>>
AN IF THERES CRACK INNA BASEMENT
>>
>>74036298
I respect that, though. How many people would try to fit that alongside those other songs? It is probably my last favorite track though.
>>
>>74036313
This.
>>74036683
The tracks with features, like with most hip-hop albums, are the weakest. Specifically "THE BATTLE FOR ASGARD AND WE BATTLE, AS GUARDS"
>>
>When she friend-zoned me
Great beat, relatable rhymes - second verse, in particular, has some nice quotables
>After I realized that if you are truly obsessed with a girl who doesn't reciprocate your feelings, not only can you not date her, you can't be friends with her either
(delete)
"I don't wanna lose what we got" Yeah, you fucking do, actually, because what you got is agony, and what she has is this weird pity that makes her want to hang out with you more even though there's (virtually) no hope it'll amount to anything. You get hopeful because when she's around you, it kind of sometimes feel like you're dating, but you're not because she fucks OTHER dudes, and gives THEM that chance you want. How could you possibly let yourself be around that?
With that said, if you're into someone, you gotta move fast; say something. Ask her out, and live with the embarrassment of hearing "no."
It's a real issue, because Beta males exist in Harlem too, but Vast's attitude should have been more "street" on this track.

Also, "Scream Phoenix" is a cool song, but "Pigeon" should have clearly been the album's closer.
>>
>>74036944
>but Vast's attitude should have been more "street" on this track.
Why?
>Also, "Scream Phoenix" is a cool song, but "Pigeon" should have clearly been the album's closer.
No way. Scream Phoenix is a wonderful contrast to Pigeon, and is perfect as the closer for its optimism.
>>
>>74036755
I don't mind El-P's feature, even though I don't really like him as a rapper. The production in Battle of Asgard /almost/ makes up for some of the lyrics in it, but I think I agree with you that it is the weakest. I really wish El-P would return to his early ambitions. I like RTJ, but he could be doing so much better, I'm sure.
>>
>>74036976
because letting yourself get friend-zoned is probably the unhealthiest thing you can do as a young man
I respect that, but "Pigeon's" probably my favorite song on the album next to "Real Earth"
>I'll boil an MC to the teeth without a trace
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.