[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just listened to this for the first time and it's fantastic,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
Just listened to this for the first time and it's fantastic, where should I go next in their discog?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J48cbIJAmrY
Nothing else is really alike honestly, it's a near perfect fusion of all of their styles but in an accessible shell.
Just give all of their main albums a shot.
>>
File: Aguideforbeginners.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Aguideforbeginners.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
I quite enjoy their compilation album Posobie dlya nachinayuschih: Glas Sérebra, or Пocoбиe для нaчинaющих: Глac Cépeбpa.

It starts off with "Amethyst Deceivers," which will be familiar for listeners of Ape of Naples - it's quite a nice version too. The album focuses on the more ambient side of Coil's music.
>>
File: R-1271796-1207645901.jpeg[1].jpg (8KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
R-1271796-1207645901.jpeg[1].jpg
8KB, 300x300px
>>74032013
What's the difference between these two editions? Track listing looks the same.
>>
File: cover.jpg (50KB, 600x595px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
50KB, 600x595px
>>
>>74032013

Honestly, Musick to Play in the Dark Vol. 2.
That's my favorite album of theirs and it's not that far of a stretch from some moments on Ape of Naples.

The best tracks are: Tiny Golden Books, Ether, Paranoid Inlay, and Where Are You?
>>
>>74032587
I think they used that artwork for the repress, or that's the UK version.
>>
>>74032647
Cant listen to one volume of MtPintD without the other.
>>
>>74032013
>where should I go next in their discog
Honestly start from the beginning and listen to everything you can even the minor side projects. It is all amazing.
>>
Fun fact: Coil were the first group to donate all proceeds of a record to an AIDS charity.
>>
>>74032587
That's the inside of >>74032013

>>74032013
Next I would go with Music to Play in the Dark 1 & 2, The New Backwards, Black Light District - 1000 lights in a darkened room and/or Moons Milk (In Four Phases).
>>
File: coil - horse rotorvator.jpg (30KB, 299x300px) Image search: [Google]
coil - horse rotorvator.jpg
30KB, 299x300px
>>74032013
>>
>>74032610
my favorite coil record next to LSD, if you enjoyed ape I think you should come here next.
>>
>>74032610
Was this one made prior to Balance's death?
>>
>>74034003
yes
>>
>>74032013
I really enjoyed this album, especially the /spooky/ momentsm, like It's In My Blood. Can anyone reccomend me where to go next?
>>
>>74034430
Horse Rotorvator
>>
>>74032610
This is the closest to Ape, also check the Backwards sessions (New Backwards & 2015 reissue)

tbqh coil is the greatest act of all time so no matter where you start, at the end just give everything they did a shot
>>
>>74035194
this
also
"Stolen and Contaminated Songs"
"Gold is The Metal"

>>74033952
when Balance died, Coil ceased to exist
>>
>>74032091
Yeah check this too, it's basicaly onen(if not the) most flawless tracklist I've ever seen on a compilation. They literally took all their masterpieces and put it on a cd.
Remarkable.
>>
start with their latest stuff, then slowly move to their older stuff
>>
black antlers, the new backwards, and the ambulance died in his arms if you want more from that era, then both volumes of musick to play in the dark
>>
rtell me bout music like coil
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.