[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are cheap digital pianos any good? A long time ago I played

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 11740155_800.jpg (50KB, 800x447px) Image search: [Google]
11740155_800.jpg
50KB, 800x447px
Are cheap digital pianos any good?

A long time ago I played trumpet. Then not so long ago I bought a harmonica and two guitars, but I never learned to play on them. I didn't have the motivation and I was also bothered by the fact that my neighbors might hear me playing. I've been thinking I might want to try to learn an instrument though. Two reasons piano is interesting: A) I've been listening mostly to classical music the last few years. B) I'm guessing digital piano with headphones is one of the quietest instruments, which is good when you live in an apartment.

Questions:

Are cheap digital pianos any good? For example the one in the picture, which costs US$ 230:
https://www.thomann.de/intl/thomann_sp_320.htm

Thoughts on learning piano/starting to play piano?
>>
Any digital piano without solid weighted keys will not be a good learning piano. For theory it doesn't really matter but if you want to play classical music and shit you need a good weighted piano in order to transfer your skills easier to a real piano (and they're way more enjoyable to play on). That one you linked says it has "light weighted keys" which is not ideal.

The best bang for your buck beginner digital pianos :

Korg B1
Yamaha P45/P71
Casio Privia PX160

These are like $400-$500 list, but they do go on sale quite frequently and I see some on Craigslist occasionally for great prices.
>>
>>74029691
to quickly add to this don't get a piano with any less than 88 keys
"real" pianos all have 88 keys, so if you get a piano with less you're not going to be able to play some songs
a sustain pedal is a good idea but not required
>>
>>74029691
>>74030421
Thanks for the input. Do I need a teacher or can you learn to play just by reading some book?
>>
>>74030458
If you want to play classical music, I would strongly recommend getting a teacher. Classical piano technique is difficult so you really need a physical teacher to help you as opposed to a book. If you just want to play rock music, you don't really need a teacher for that.
>>
>>74030526
Ok thanks. Too bad because I'm not sure I really want to go to a teacher. I'm a loner. Besides maybe it's expensive and not very flexible etc.
>>
>>74030689
You can learn how to read sheet music and music theory on your own pretty easily, but the actual performance technique is what you'll need the teacher for. It's good to have someone there who can show you the techniques (like counterpoint, tasteful rubato and stuff like that) and give you feedback.
>>
>>74030689
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiKUKTMbojTIPGWPR_eec9w

Try this. It's for children so it can be annoying at times but it will help you get the feel for it and understand some thigns.
>>
If you want cheap You're better off buying midi keyboard with weighted keys and playing software vst's
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.