[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't care who buys the record so long as they get to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: miles-davis-9267992-2-402.jpg (260KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
miles-davis-9267992-2-402.jpg
260KB, 1200x1200px
I don't care who buys the record so long as they get to the Black people so I will be remembered when I die. I'm not playing for any white people, man. I wanna hear a black guy say 'Yeah, I dig Miles Davis.'
>>
nigga looks like he's being haunted by his own hair
>>
>>74029109
aside from the "nigga" your comment made me lawl
>>
>>74030642
>lawl
What year we in?
>>
>>74030642
Hoe much of an asshole do you have to be to have a problem with something you laughed at
>>
>>74029087
SHILL THREAD

but there is nothing wrong with this. Who doesn't want to be respected among their own community/people?
>>
>>74029087
he most likely experienced racism being that he was around through the 40s and 60s, probably been called the n word to his face before by a white person
>>
>>74029087
Source?
>>
File: leave miles davis to me.jpg (11KB, 244x290px) Image search: [Google]
leave miles davis to me.jpg
11KB, 244x290px
Funny, because Miles Davis is probably one of the whitest jazz musicians out there. He spent most of his career emulating white cool jazz musicians such as Gerry Mulligan, Lee Konitiz, and, most importantly, his biggest influence of all Chet Baker. It's a fact that he was deeply insecure because he couldn't keep up with the bebop associates, and later he falsely claimed that he had invented every style of jazz post Charlie Parker. I can't believe anyone seriously likes Miles Davis at all - he's one of the most overhyped artist ever, and was a huge dickhead to basically everybody. He's only popular with the normies because of jazz fusion, a stupid off-shoot of RnB that nobody cares about. Rockists gonna rock. Truth hurts, doesn't it?
>>
>>74030837
Fuck off Schlomo.
>>
>>74030837
>He's only popular with the normies because of jazz fusion
Stop being facetious, he's popular because of Kind of Blue.
>>
>>74030859
Yeah, sure. But On The Corner is great too.

This is a race baiting shill thread, it's not to be taken seriously.
>>
>>74030670
>Hoe
>>
>>74030900
Well with that in mind...

.... Miles Davis, a self-proclaimed champion of black music and culture built his entire career upon the back of a white man. He guilted Evans with late night tales of slavery and under the guise of reparations into acquiring the rights to the greatest song of all time, Blue in Green, and another fantastic number. Flamenco Sketches. Without these tracks, Kind of Blue falls flat on it's face, and is as unremarkable as the works straight from Davis' own brain.

Davis' claim to fame, and frankly the only reason he is remembered, comes from a man whose race Davis has repeatedly implied was inferior to every way and specifically in an artistic sense. So not only is Miles Davis a complete fraud, he is a self-aware fraud who stole from others in an effort to propel his race beyond another.
>>
>>74031052
as a black it kind of made me sad that evans atmospheric playing almost solely made the record
>>
>>74030837
is this true, sauce
>>
>>74031201
>caring about an album as shitty as Kind of Blue
>>
>>74031212
Miles quite literally spawned cool jazz on Birth of the Cool, so no, not at all youre taking bad bait
>>
>>74031216
Davis is equally essential of course but Evans is just as crucial
>>
>>74031052
is this true actually true kek?
>>
>>74031453
I exaggerated significantly, but it is widely believed that Evans wrote Blue in Green and Flamenco Sketches

>Liner notes list Davis as writer of all compositions, but many scholars and fans believe that Bill Evans wrote part or the whole of "Blue in Green" and "Flamenco Sketches".[11] Bill Evans assumed co-credit with Davis for "Blue in Green" when recording it on his Portrait in Jazz album. The Davis estate acknowledged Evans' authorship in 2002.
[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kind_of_Blue]
>>
>>74031468
DAMN
>>
File: swing nazi.jpg (101KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
swing nazi.jpg
101KB, 400x300px
>>74030837
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.