[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come no one's ever succesfully merged rock and rap?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: Audioslav.jpg (89KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Audioslav.jpg
89KB, 500x500px
How come no one's ever succesfully merged rock and rap?

I mean, yeah, Beastie Boys and Run D.M.C. did it and nu-metal bands in the 90's and 00's did it but none of them have aged well.

I could go as far as saying RATM are the only one's who've come close to it but still, they get old really fast.

what is the explanation for this phenomenom? just curious
>>
>>74018956
Probably because the style of rock chosen is usually pretty basic and not very experimental.
>>
>>74018956
>>
The Roots?

Dumbass.
>>
>>74018956

Excuse me?
>>
>>74019961
this but unironically
>>
File: pauls.jpg (63KB, 316x316px)
pauls.jpg
63KB, 316x316px
This is the logical conclusion to rap rock
>>
>>74018956
Because rap isn't music.
Its stupid fucking garbage.
>>
File: tip2.gif (3MB, 512x288px)
tip2.gif
3MB, 512x288px
>>74020189
*tips in solidarity*
*plays the first search result for "Beethoven" on youtube*
>>
>>74020417
What's with all the fucking redditors on /mu/ today? Are you all stuck in a perpetual loop from 2013 where you think this shit is still funny?
>>
Mark Stewart, Stetsasonic, Bill Laswell
Later you got Roots, Sonic Sum, all that shit
>>
>>74020434
You seem a little upset, brother. Should I play some Chopin instead?
*finger hovers nervously over youtube search bar*
>>
>>74020189
It's like I can see your acne through your words
>>
>>74020471
lol
>>
>Beastie Boys
>aged poorly
Their music is still more fun to listen to than any other modern hip-hop act
>>
>>74020477
Stop projecting, you whiny little shit.
>>
RATM realised that if you want to make rap rock you have to use rock instrumentation that sounds like hip hop not rock,basically you have to focus more on rap rather than rock
>>
>>74020534
Honestly, the problem with Limp Bizkit was Fred Durst and his dumbass persona. The rest of the band was pretty solid.
>>
>>74018956
because rapping is too dominant as a vocal approach. you need something that works with the instruments and not just on top of them

if you want something more "modern" than beastie boys, the best I can think of is some of tricky's work, but I don't know if that can really qualify as traditional rapping
>>
how about this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlk7o5T56iw
>>
This is about as "prog" as rap rock gets.
Good stuff.
>>
>>74018956
Because rock and funk being meld together is far better. Just like funk is better than rap
>>
>>74021634
Funk and rap are absolutely compatible tho
>>
Kids These Days kinda did it but then they split off and all the ex-members individual projects are absolute shit
>>
N*E*R*D nigga
>>
>>74018956
>Beastie Boys
>hasn't aged well
You are stupid.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.