[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is The White Album so underrated? I honestly feel like this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: The Beatles - The Beatles.png (24KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
The Beatles - The Beatles.png
24KB, 2000x2000px
Why is The White Album so underrated? I honestly feel like this is the best album of all time, and that includes every other album in the Beatles catalogue. It's like listening to the Beatles throwing random shit at a wall and most of it sticks. (AKA: Post-modernism before such a thing became widespread in pop culture)
>>
>>74015300
>Beatles
>underrated
???
>>
File: 1456581024212.jpg (44KB, 340x480px) Image search: [Google]
1456581024212.jpg
44KB, 340x480px
>>74015300
>Beatles
>underrated
>>
File: 1464440185200.png (341KB, 434x435px) Image search: [Google]
1464440185200.png
341KB, 434x435px
>>74015300
>beatles
>best album in anything
>>
>>74015314
>>74015412
I mean, within the realm of the Beatles discography. The White Album rarely takes the top spot for the band's best album.
>>
further proof
>>
File: untitled.jpg (33KB, 540x636px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
33KB, 540x636px
>>74015300
>>
>It's like listening to the Beatles throwing random shit at a wall and most of it sticks.

This is why its shit. White Album sounds more like a compilation of singles, not a real album.
>>
>>74015473
>>74015314
>>74015412
Samenigger
>>
>>74015516
That doesn't mean it's underrated you dumb nigger
>>
I think one of the reasons why this particular album is underrated, and it's because it's my favorite of al their albums is because it's all over the place.

There's no real cohesion to it. Other than the first two songs, they don't segue well into each other. There really is no seamless flow.

As I said, it's the main reason why this album is a favorite of mine.

There are so many different styles of music represented on this album from baroque, to ska, to blues, to ragtime, to rock and roll, to experimental (Some would say artistic) soundscapes.

This album proved to me what was possible within the realms and boundaries of rock and roll.

All these different styles of music and it's al made by one band.

This album is proof of why The Beatles were one of the greatest bands to exist, and opened my mind up to not only what is possible in rock and roll but in music in general.

Lord knows The Rolling Stones and The Beach Boys could never put out an album like this. In fact, the only other band that could even come close would be The Mothers of Invention, and the only album by them that comes close would be Freak Out. (Of course all of TMOI's 60s output counts as well)
>>
Because it doesn't flow together as well as their other albums, it's more a compilation. It still has some of their best songs and is widely considered a masterpiece.
>>
File: 1498113837342.png (312KB, 601x595px) Image search: [Google]
1498113837342.png
312KB, 601x595px
>>74015613
that fucking spacing
>>
>>74015604
Come on, stop being such a grumpy mean fart. No wonder why you don't have a girlfriend.
>>
>>74015613

Still don't see how it's "underrated", there are still popular tracks on this record that everyone knows
>>
>>74015630
as

long

as

you

read

it...........
>>
>>74015644
Just because there are some popular songs on an album doesn't mean the album itself is popular.

I mean, when you think about it, many people will prefer Sgt. Pepper, MMT, or even Abbey Road over The White Album. (And don't even get me started on the debate of Rubber Soul vs Revolver)

You might've gotten dubs, but you've got a lot to learn.
>>
GRANDMA SHIT
>>
>>74015686
The album itself is popular though.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.