[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What genre('s community) prides itself in being "real"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: 1498180798979.jpg (62KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1498180798979.jpg
62KB, 500x500px
What genre('s community) prides itself in being "real" the most. (ex you listen to something and someone says that isnt "real" x so you dig deeper and still find people saying it "isnt real x")

pic unrelated
>>
punk or metal
>>
File: ambient faggot.jpg (301KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
ambient faggot.jpg
301KB, 800x600px
punk metal or hip hop
here's a pic I find funny
>>
>>74006356
>What genre('s community) prides itself in being "real" the most.
bleep, no contest. try posting anything in /bleep/ with even a little bit of acclaim or crossover success and see what happens. ironically, for a general that prides itself on being "club oriented" they only listen to shit that has never seen the light of day in any club
>>
jazz
>>
dadrock
>>
>>74006356
black metal
>>
>>74006356
Intetesting question
>>
>>74006494
this. old dadrock farts on music forums calling new rock music "shit for poseurs" is hilarious
>>
>>74006595
I don't think anyone actually does that anymore. You're far more likely to find a counterjerk about how "I was born in LE RIGHT generation" these days
>>
File: 1498197293576.jpg (90KB, 375x605px) Image search: [Google]
1498197293576.jpg
90KB, 375x605px
Metal
>>
>>74006469
Only if you listen to smooth jazz
>>
>>74006763
this is me, i can't find motivation to listen to music so i just listen to this on repeat until i pass out drunk.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psFQMKcsIF8
>>
Hip hop because unlike every other form of music, this isn't just some neckbeards who listen to backpacker shit type deal. Instead, it's all over the place even in its most mainstream forms as well as its underground forms.
>>
>>74006538
Definitly this, it's taking them a long ass time to admit that Liturgy and Deafheaven is better than Burzum, Darkthrone and Mayhem but eventually they'll stop being edgy teenagers and just accept it
>>
>>74008658
>Liturgy and Deafheaven is better than Burzum, Darkthrone and Mayhem
wow thats retarded
>>
>>74008702
Totally agree with you bro, stay trve kvlt brother \m/_
>>
>>74008759
im not some black metal faggot but lithurgy and deafheaven is in no way better than burzum, darkthrone or mayhem
>>
>>74008773
>Worse production
>Worse performances
>Worse composition
Oh but they wear make-up and they're from some cold ass country so it's better
>>
Rap/Hip Hop
>>
>>74008815
>from some cold ass country so it's better
seriously sometimes it seems like people like metal cause they have some stupid pseudo-masculine autistic fantasy about living in norse times and raping and pillaging.
>>
>>74008773
literally any other band is better than burzum
>>
>>74008918
Except for Mayhem
>>
>>74008830
I saw an interview with Grandmaster Caz, and he claimed that there's been no real hip-hop since the early 1990s when gangsta rap took off

I assume some other OGs who were there when the culture was percolating in the late '70s/early '80s share similar sentiments about "rap music"
>>
>>74008815
Wrong
Wrong
Wrong again

However, the music of Liturdy and Deafheaven is made by limp wristed faggots so you probably relate to it better
>>
File: Black-Metal-Noivado-2.jpg (150KB, 992x745px) Image search: [Google]
Black-Metal-Noivado-2.jpg
150KB, 992x745px
>>74009284
Yup, but these guys are really cool and manly
>>
>>74006494
If you've ever met any white dads you'll KNOW this is true.

>>74008658
I mean, Burzum and Mayhem have had some supreme fuckups
Like the new shit Varg makes is terrible and some of the Mayhem stuff has such bad production that it all just sounds like plain noise, but Darkthrone is just top tier to me.
Deafheaven is consistently good at least.
Liturgy has Aesthetica which is good, but it doesn't really sound like black metal. Nearly everything else they've made is shit.
The Ark Work is PAINFUL.
>>
>>74009458
I was mostly baiting but yeah I guess Black Metal really just isn't for me, I did enjoy Deathspell Omega and Liturgy though
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.