[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck this edgy whiney fuck and his god awful nu-industrial music.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10

Fuck this edgy whiney fuck and his god awful nu-industrial music.

What instruments does he know how to play anyway? That's right an effects rig. Fuck off!
>>
>>74000249
>Calls Reznor edgy
>Makes an edgy post on a korean crochet message board
>>
>>74000249
Hey fuck you, you piece of fucking shit.
>>
>>74000249
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g8nAqDu3gI
>Edgy
>>
>>74000291
trenzor is this you?
>>
>>74000375
probably, yes. its the same trip who posted a leaked multitrack of NTAE
>>
File: 1392397188192.jpg (170KB, 1040x746px) Image search: [Google]
1392397188192.jpg
170KB, 1040x746px
>>74000249
>an effects rig
>>
>>74000249
>What instruments does he know how to play anyway?
>piano
>guitar
>bass guitar
>drums
>nearly every synthesizer ever made
>>
>>74000291
haha, fucking saved
>>
File: 1498539070895.jpg (39KB, 300x302px) Image search: [Google]
1498539070895.jpg
39KB, 300x302px
>>74000453
he even plays swarmatron
>>
>>74000249

made and produced all of pretty hate machine by himself while working for a studio

What have you done with your life anon?
>>
>>74000249
Dude I bet he plays tuba wayyy better than you
>>
>>74000536
>made and produced all of pretty hate machine by himself while working for a studio

not really, he had a lot of help from guys like Flood and so on

>>74000291
post a funny picture
>>
File: 1495110375555.png (147KB, 654x1168px) Image search: [Google]
1495110375555.png
147KB, 654x1168px
>>74000453
He even plays saxophone
>>
>>74000806
>i think we had more time
>>
>>74000835
thought* damn
>>
>>74000291
is you shitposting part of the ARG?
>>
>>74000900
well, the new ep is about 4chan so yeah i guess lmao
>>
File: Terrible Onion.jpg (121KB, 576x908px) Image search: [Google]
Terrible Onion.jpg
121KB, 576x908px
>>74000835
>>74000806
>>
>>74000249
>What instruments does he know how to play anyway?
>That's right an effects rig.

Haha goddamit OP, you got me with that one.

Made me laff/10
>>
>>74000291
Last EP NTAE was fucking unlistenable, there was one kinda ok song with a few moments of cool synth sounds and a rehash of dead souls. On top of that Trent has been whining about gun control and from what I can tell was basically a hillary supporter. Wow being an establishment shill is so edgy. I have my fingers crossed for ADD VIOLENCE but from the first single so far I'm not holding out hope. My prediction is more antitrump weak sauce. At least year zero was raging against actual stuff like starting a dumb war and surveillance state but this anti trump hysteria sweeping the music scene is fucking boring. It's such a cop out. Find some real inspiration instead of bowing down and serving the establishment. See what I did there? Remember when you weren't lame?

Ps I'll probably go to your concert again anyway
>>
File: 1484886603465.jpg (89KB, 918x617px) Image search: [Google]
1484886603465.jpg
89KB, 918x617px
>>74000291
Notice me, Sempai...
>>
>>74002122
mmmm butthurt trumptard tears
>>
>>74002122
NTAE is the best NIN in years, fuck off. It is the ultimate pleb filter which you didn't pass.
>>
>>74000291
CALL ME ON REDDIT
>>
>>74000291
include me in the album liners
>>
>>74003061
it's the very definition of 'been there done that'

he should stick to film scores
>>
>>74000249

Dude was a literal janitor in a recording studio and recorded the demo for Petty Hate Machine in his downtime, playing all the instruments himself

Even if you don't care for his music you gotta respect that
>>
>>74003146
Name a track that sounds like Burning Bright (Field On Fire) from Nine Inch Nails. I doubt you will, because there isn't.
>>
>>74003201
alright I'll give you that one
>>
>>74002122
What a fucking cuck
>>
>>74003222
So much fo "been there done that"
What about She's Gone Away? The only track I can remotely compare that is "Reptile"
The Idea Of You seems to brrow something from "You Know What You Are" yet what makes it unique is the harhs instrumentals set to a spoken word.
Dear World, does a lot of new things vocally, also the part where Trent puts two different lyrics to left and right channel is also very new.

Branches/Bones is also very different in NIN discography, it is short agressive track, like very short, the only track that was like that is Big Man With A Gun and it is stil not comparable.

You can say a lot of stuff about NTAE, but it is refreshing like a lot of new NIN albums are, yes, he does take notes from the past albums, he develops upon them and then adds something new to the mix to develop his sound further and further. He does new while still remaining NIN.

To go even deeper into this, Hesitation Marks was also very different that it scared off some fan-base, fuck'S sake, just look at the track "Everything" which a lot of people didn't even give a chance even if it is clever underneath.
>>
>>74003303
Trent would have just called you a hipster cunt, or an asshole and move on.
>>
>>74000453

Also rocks the xylophone.
>>
File: IMG_8399.png (397KB, 1016x776px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8399.png
397KB, 1016x776px
>>74003014
>>74003061
>>74003234

Mfw I just wanted to bait Trent into talking shit back
>>
>>74003358
kek
>>
>>74000453
And tambourine of course
>>
>>74003358
There is no way this is actually Trent, it's not Trent, all information he "gives out" is very vague.
>>
>>74000403
sauce? or is it gone?
>>
>>74003285
not that guy (or maybe I am) but...

>She's Gone Away

DUDE DRONING WALLOFNOISE GUITAR
it's just tiring at this point. really, Trent, again?

>The Idea of You

The instrumental track is about as basic modern NIN as it gets. The spoken word is cool, but it's hardly very experimental in the context of NIN.

>Dear World

cool song, but Trent putting two different lyrics to left and right channels is hardly that experimental when it comes to NIN. Ruiner is a much better example of him using stereo space.

>Branches/Bones

The instrumental sounds like a really stripped down, bare bones version of Everything, the vocals are cool but nothing special either

>To go even deeper into this, Hesitation Marks was also very different that it scared off some fan-base, fuck'S sake, just look at the track "Everything" which a lot of people didn't even give a chance even if it is clever underneath.

Yeah, I actually liked HM, and I was among those who really liked Everything. I just wish do the NIN equivalent of when he works with Fincher on a soundtrack, just completely changing the sound palette and trying something very different every time. Ghosts was like that, and I loved that album. Tough I get that he can't alienate all of his fans. He's already lost the ''dude why doesn't he just make Broken over and over again?!'' demographic.
>>
>>74003358
Not happening
>>
>>74003566
I agree. Also HM was a really good album overall, especially the extended version
>>
>>74003587
Haha thanks buddy, looking forward to whatever's next. Stay prolific.
>>
I find this recent aura of respectability that Trent Reznor has manufactured for himself to be really contrived.

Even at their critical and commercial peak in the 90s Nine Inch Nails were pretty much treated as a corny MTV goth band for angry teenage boys. Even being put in the "respectable MTV angst music" basket as the likes of Nirvana or Faith No More was out of their reach; people would sooner talk about them in the same breath in which they'd talk about cartoon shit like Marilyn Manson and Fear Factory.
Nowadays Nine Inch Nails sounds like a more electronic Foo Fighters while Reznor's soundtrack work is as vacuous and banal as anything he's ever done. So why is anyone supposed to take him seriously all of a sudden?
>>
>>74003624
No problem.
>>
WISH THERE WAS SOMETHING REAL
>>
>>74003794
But this is wrong though, you fucker. When TDS came out, it was widely praised within ''legitimate'' circles, and you had everyone from David Bowie to Michael Jackson to Prince praising his work or being fans. Yes, fucking MJ loved TDS and Prince wanted Trent to do a remix of one of his songs. And then David Lynch wanted him to help put together the soundtrack for Lost Highway. Maybe to the mainstream public it was a goofy goth band, but who gives a fuck.

You're just factually wrong all around.
>>
>>74003892
>David Bowie

Bowie was treated as a joke for over a decade by the time TDS came out. He was beyond washed up and nobody took him seriously. The NME petitioned for him to stop making music. The NIN/Bowie tour was notorious for the fact that like 70% of the crowds at those shows would show up for NIN and leave after their set, leaving Bowie to play to half-empty venues. The only way Bowie could earn wider media attention in those years was by embarrassing himself, such as via the aforementioned tour with NIN or Morrissey bailing on his co-headlining tour with Bowie just a few shows in.

>Michael Jackson

Ehh, whatever.

>Prince
>David Lynch

Both of these were also utterly washed up at that point, albeit to a considerably lesser degree than Bowie.
>>
>>74004170
Nah.
>>
>>74004232
I was there desu.
>>
>>74004170
>Michael Jackson
>eeh...whatever
okay lol
>>
>>74004274
Sure thing, gramps. You were probably high on the devil's lettuce all the time anyway.

Your point was that NIN was seen as some goofy goth band everywhere, which simply isn't true. Whether Bowie was washed up at that point or not is irrelevant. They had a number of fans everywhere and from every walk of life. Also, Lou Reed liked NIN. So you're just wrong about them being seen simply as a goofy mall goth band.

And Lynch wasn't washed up.
>>
>>74004170
>David Lynch
> washed up at that point
>that point is the 90'
>Twin peaks
>Wild at Heart (palm d'or)
>Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me (nomination for palm d'or)
>Lost Highway
>The Straight Story (nomination for palm d'or)
The 90's were the most prolific decade for lynch
>David Bowie
I'm not gonna take this bait
>>
>>74004357
>Also, Lou Reed liked NIN.

Lou Reed also recorded Mistrial. The man had his share of lapses in judgment.

>So you're just wrong about them being seen simply as a goofy mall goth band.

They were the textbook definition of a goofy mallgoth band before the likes of Slipknot and Korn turned things up a notch in the late 90s. Trent Reznor was treated as a walking cartoon.

>And Lynch wasn't washed up.

Lynch fell out of favor with his audience quicker than probably anyone else in the 90s outside of maybe Vanilla Ice. In 1990, he was king. In 1992, he was finished.
It took until Mulholland Drive for him to return to something loosely resembling cultural relevance.
>>
>>74004373
Fire Walk With Me, Lost Highway and the second season of Twin Peaks were brutalized by critics though. FWWM might have gotten nominated for the Palme D'or, but the general reaction to that film at Cannes was overwhelmingly negative.
>>
>>74004496
>Twin Peaks were brutalized by critics
It's well know that he wasn't that involved with the second season
>Lost Highway
Not brutalized, more like warm reactions like always when it comes to lynch
>Fire Walk With Me
Yeah that was pretty mediocre.
But that's not the point. Lynch become a respected director after mullholand drive, Before he was more of a cult director (he still is for most people). Still the 90's were his most prolific decade and he was everything but washed up. Lynch is a 90's. Before he only did 4 movies: Eraserhead, The Elephant Man, Dune, Blue velvet. One was brutalized, one was shit, one became later a cult and one was half brutalized and half loved
>>
>>74004433
>Trent Reznor was treated as a walking cartoon.

Getting good critical reviews and being liked by people as diverse (and legendary) as MJ, Prince, Lynch, Bowie and Reed isn't 'a walking cartoon' lmao
>>
File: 1493985211986.png (554KB, 588x838px) Image search: [Google]
1493985211986.png
554KB, 588x838px
>>74003794
>Faith No More
>angst music
>>
>>74004824
>It's well know that he wasn't that involved with the second season

It's not well-known actually, though it is true to a degree. The fact that he was the one out there in the media doing promo and interviews for the series as its favors declined didn't help either.

>Not brutalized, more like warm reactions like always when it comes to lynch

Lukewarm at best. Better than the absolutely brutal reaction that Fire Walk With Me received but far from the sort of reactions he received for shit like Blue Velvet or the first season.

>Lynch become a respected director after mullholand drive

Lynch became a respected director right after Elephant Man, actually. Blue Velvet and the first season of Twin Peaks only further solidified his status before he pissed it all away.

>>74004882
There's quite a difference between being praised by 1975 Bowie and being praised by 1995 Bowie though. Bowie praised Placebo and the fucking Foo Fighters in the 90s, for fuck's sake.
>>
anon is right lynch and reznor are both hacks
babbys first art house movie
babbys first industrial by way of buttrock act
move along plebes nothing to see here
>>
>>74006648
still butthurt about trent dropping you for crawford, rob?
>>
>>74000249
this man looks a lot like clive owen
>>
>>74000249
the guy was a child prodigy with the piano
>>
>>74000375
it's just the idea of him
>>
>>74007724
It wasn't an idea you daft cunt. 4chan used to be cool before the GNAA crashed it
>>
>>74008643
just go back to the idea
>>
>>74008705
WAIT, WAKE, BELIEVE, BREATHE YOU TELL YOURSELF
>>
File: Gary-Numan-770.jpg (522KB, 2036x472px) Image search: [Google]
Gary-Numan-770.jpg
522KB, 2036x472px
>>74003794
>Even at their critical and commercial peak in the 90s Nine Inch Nails were pretty much treated as a corny MTV goth band for angry teenage boys

Gary might disagree with you
>>
File: noSNbYG.jpg (47KB, 600x473px) Image search: [Google]
noSNbYG.jpg
47KB, 600x473px
>>74000909
Literally about whiney neets ruining the planet. mfw
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.