[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are the keys on a piano asymmetrical? Why is music so hard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Virtual_Piano.jpg (54KB, 1200x422px) Image search: [Google]
Virtual_Piano.jpg
54KB, 1200x422px
Why are the keys on a piano asymmetrical?

Why is music so hard to read?

Is music purposefully complicated to trick you into thinking musicians are talented?
>>
they are not

it isn't

no
>>
>>73995489
Have you never heard of tablature?
>>
It's really not that hard. Just requires a little memorization. You could learn everything in a week, studying and memorizing a little each night. I literally learned it in music class as a kid, if kids can learn it, it's not too difficult. Forgotten most of it, though because I play guitar now and not the piano, which I played as a child. Easier to just use tabs for the guitar.
>>
>>73995489
The pattern on pianos is super helpful. You instantly know what note a key is by looking at unlike on many other instruments.
>>
>>73995502
Thread closed
>>
>>73995489
>Why are the keys on a piano asymmetrical?
Because if they were symmetrical you wouldn't be able to tell what key is what or where octaves start, doofus.
>>
So you can tell which notes are which, also you don't think about it when you first start playing, but the piano is made to suit your hands. Try playing a #F major scale with correct fingering and see how relaxed it is for your hand
>>
>>73995489
>Why are the keys on a piano asymmetrical?
They're not. They follow a pattern which makes it incredibly helpful for finding pitches and octaves.
>Why is music so hard to read?
It just takes some getting used to. Constant practice and reading will make this a breeze
>Is music purposefully complicated to trick you into thinking musicians are talented?
kek I wish
>>
>>73995667
>unlike other instruments
guitar for the most part is the same. if you constantly use the same tuning, you can actually hear the sound you're going to make before you even put your finger on the fret
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.