[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he uses a capo I have seen actual professional musicians

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: img. 12487.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
img. 12487.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>he uses a capo
I have seen actual professional musicians (tom petty) use these. They never even bothered to learn all the chords.
>>
>>73994962
>they never bothered to learn all the chords.
>bothered to learn all the chords.
>learn all the chords.
>all the chords.

Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>73994991
No, I don't think so. Pretty sure Tom Petty is, though. Some good songs, but if he needs a capo, not going to take him seriously.
>>
Haha, brofist to that my fellow /mu/tant! Fuck capos! Also, one time I saw this loser playing guitar, with a PICK! Is this the state of music these days? I went up to his face with my eyebrow arched, scoffed and walked away.
>>
I agree.
>>
>>73995010
The amount of chords that exist are almost fucking limitless. You can't learn every single chord.
>>
>>73994962
I never used one playing guitar and in hindsight I kinda feel dumb for avoiding them. How is using one any more of a crutch than using alternate tunings?
>>
File: 1499543986435.jpg (167KB, 900x750px) Image search: [Google]
1499543986435.jpg
167KB, 900x750px
>>73995058
>limitless
>can't
Why not just say you suck and get it over with?
>>
>>73995058
12 diatonic notes. Not that Tom would know. You could have a git fiddle two miles long, still just have repeating chords, my friend. Ever listened to Joe Pass? He knew all the chords, that I can tell you.
>>
>>73995058
>You can't learn every single chord.
Check out Guitar George
>>
>>73995076
Different tunings have nothing to do with it. If you knew anything you would realize that a capo offers different timbre options. you could have an open g chord at the 18th fret with alternate tunings, using a capo, having it ring as an open chord.
>>
>>73995126
underrated
>>
not everyone have the finger length to barre
>>
Maybe people use capos because, gimme a second, it's easier? Why does making it harder on yourself to play a song make you better?
>>
>>73995058
That's why you learn how to build chords and just get good at that...literally rote learning chords is the most retarded thing I've ever heard a musician doing. Once you know your instrument and some very basic theory, you should be able to play all the chords within your instrument's pallate.
>>
Maybe Tom Petty uses a capo because at this point hes old and doesnt give that many fucks? What if he uses it out of convenience?
>>
shitb8
>>
>>73995077
Sure. Show as a guitar player who knows every possible chord.
>>
>>73994962
>I have seen actual professional musicians (tom petty) use these. They never even bothered to learn all the chords.
I think Paco did pretty well without doing the impossible - learning all possible chords.
https://youtu.be/QD6NaHforRQ
>>
>>73995299
>not having insanely thicc gorilla fingers
the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>73994962
Have you considered that it could be used out of fucking laziness? No one wants to do things that are needlessly complex, so here's a quick shortcut
>>
>>73995299
Maybe they shouldn't play guitar then? You don't see artists using stencils because they can't draw straight lines.
>>
>>73994962
Why does it always turn into a dick measuring contest when you get several guitar players together? This thread makes me want to use a capo as much as possible to trigger autists like you.
>>
>>73996259
you don't? are you sure about that?
>>
>>73996377
Don't take bait threads seriously for your own good.
>>
>>73996259
surely no one is this stupid
>>
>>73995141
I know capos aren't the same as different tunings, I was addressing the idea op expressed that capos are a crutch. I never used one because I thought they were just for people who couldn't do bar chords, but in hindsight I was being elitist like OP. I just threw alternate tunings in there because some people say they're also a crutch for people who can't play well.
>>
>>73996377
If you think that those people are serious you haven't been here long enough.
>>
File: 1256096479879.jpg (65KB, 403x604px) Image search: [Google]
1256096479879.jpg
65KB, 403x604px
>>73994962
>>
>>73995126
FUCKING KEK
>>
>>73994962
lol a capo, what a fag
>>
>>73996377
>Why does it always turn into a dick measuring contest when you get several guitar players together?
>guitarists

I think it's safe to say it's not going to be a measure of intellects now is it?
>>
>>73995126

>Guitar George

but hes strictly rhythm- he doesnt want to make it cry or sing.
>>
>>73994962
Have you ever considered that some chord voicings are physically impossible to play without a capo?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.