[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please explain Swans to me, /mu/. I don't see why people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Swans_To_Be_Kind.jpg (7KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
Swans_To_Be_Kind.jpg
7KB, 316x316px
Please explain Swans to me, /mu/.
I don't see why people listen to it.
>>
because said people find their music enjoyable
>>
>>73992253
cause /mu/ likes experimental music and rock music and Swans makes good experimental rock music
>>
>>73992265
But what they find enjoyable about it ?
>>
>>73992253

The repetitive structures and mantra-like statements of the early/late period evoke a sort of primal, cathartic vibe that's just satisfying to lose yourself in for a bit. Barring that, the run of records from The Burning World to The Great Annihilatior lightens things up a bit and is probably their most consistently conventional work, I'd say records like White Light or the aforementioned Great Annihilator aren't bad ways to get into a Swans record at all. Maybe even Children of God if you want to dip your toe in the pool, so to speak.
>>
>>73992253
because people think you are cool if you listen to it

i swear this is true
>>
>>73992253
Read up on buddhism. The music is very inspired by it.

For me, I like the huge dynamics, the grooves, the twists and turns in the songs, the overwhelmingness of the sound.
>>
>>73992253
i only really regularly listen to to be kind, but, i like the tight grooves, the epic cacophonous climaxes, the intensity of the sound, and the primal performaces by gira as a singer.
>>
>>73992253
orchestral, layered, atmospheric rock music with some cool lyrics
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.