[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was quite surprised at the lack of hype prior to the release

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: folder.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
I was quite surprised at the lack of hype prior to the release of this album, and also at the fact that I haven't heard any talk about it since. Any thoughts on why this is? It could have something to do with a quarter of the songs having been released a couple years back.

Anyways, I enjoyed the album. It seems to try to find that middle ground between Love It Love It and Ruth, with the piano and oboe ballads reminiscent of Alice and Gertrude. On the more upbeat tracks, it seems they got complacent with the sing a few lines, throw in a few bars of the horn melody, rinse and repeat, which makes this a fun album, but not one that I think will get too many spins in the future. I am especially fond of the more stripped down songs; Photos From When We Were Young excellently mixes in the brass and winds throughout the track, feeling more natural, along with some of my favorite lyrics on the album. "You let them refer to your lovers as friends, and I wish they could see how it hurt, or affirm your existence with interested words." It seemed Theo really decided to be openly gay on this album, probably in light of the change in social climate since their last record.
>>
Last ditch bump for what was once an oft discussed band here.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.