[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about this album and the Beatles in general.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: The Beatles - Revolver.jpg (899KB, 1482x1482px) Image search: [Google]
The Beatles - Revolver.jpg
899KB, 1482x1482px
Let's talk about this album and the Beatles in general. Why does Tomorrow Never Knows still sound like it was recorded last week? I am not just not capable of imagining listening to something this out there and psychedelic back in 1966.
>>
>>73979641
That's George Martin for you
>>
If we all said that the beatles were hugely ahead of their time and also hugely influential would you be happy and we can have a conversation we haven't had a million times?
>>
Revolver brought a whole lot of new studip techniques like close milking drums and preparing them and new ways of amplifying other instruments. The album sounds really fresh, especially compared to other stuff that came before it.
>>
the books fact yadayadayada
>>
File: 1499034183104.jpg (7KB, 209x204px) Image search: [Google]
1499034183104.jpg
7KB, 209x204px
>>73979653
But that's wrong
>>
For No One is such an underrated Beatles track.
>>
tank you based lsd

except paul was not on lsd doing this album and wrote his best work ever... so it's probably about the beatles being being at the height of their creative energy and teamwork.
>>
PAAAAAAPPPERR BAAACK
>>
>>73979641
Quite simply the best album ever made, and by the best band to walk the earth. Imagine if Paperback Writer and Rain were included, or maybe even Day Tripper despite being from an earlier session. Almost scary to imagine how good it would be.
>>
>>73979829
It's the correct answer, it's The Beatles after having fully matured their songwriting, playing as a band. By Sgt. Pepper's things were falling apart (Ringo mentions that the sessions were extremely boring); in Revolver, they're still a cohesive unit and have some great interplay.
>>
>>73979713
This man is a commie
>>
>>73979869
Rubber Soul, Revolver and their correspondent non-album singles (Day Tripper/We Can Work It Out and Paperback Writer/Rain), together, as a double album, is the best album of their discography. Easily.
>>
File: IMG_0065.jpg (84KB, 400x279px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0065.jpg
84KB, 400x279px
>>73979886
Agreed. 65-66 Beatles is absolutely god tier. The sweet spot between their fantastic early pop songwriting and their psychedelic/experimental phases later on. Fucking hell did they look the part, too.
>>
>>73979869
Imagine if Strawberry Fields Forever, Penny Lane, The Fool On The Hill and Your Mother Should Know were included on Sgt Peppers...

Fixing Sgt Peppers:

1 - Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band
2 - With A Little Help From My Friends
3 - Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
4 - Getting Better
5 - She's Leaving Home
6 - Within You Without You
7 - Your Mother Should Know
8 - The Fool On The Hill
9 - Lovely Rita
10 - Penny Lane
11 - Strawberry Fields Forever
12 - Sgt Peppers..(Reprise)
13 - A Day In The Life
>>
>>73979978
I honestly think that Sgt. Pepper's is fine, but Magical Mystery Tour really needs a reorganization to be mostly coherent.
>>
>>73979978
>no Good Morning Good Morning
Take out the retarded animal noises and it is a great song with a lot of cool time changes and drumming.
>>
>>73979978
needs more circus music
>>
RRRRRAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN, I DON'T MIND
>>
>>73980035
It's a great song, actually, just in general. It's very hard-rocking and the horn section is quite nice.
>>
>>73979978
I'm fine with fool on the hill but Fixing a Hole is way better than Your Mother Should Know.
>>
>>73979978
granny music beatles> shitty indian music beatles
>>
File: 5b6b476a764543c98772690fccab1090.jpg (141KB, 770x1027px) Image search: [Google]
5b6b476a764543c98772690fccab1090.jpg
141KB, 770x1027px
>>73979641
>>73979653
>>73979869
>>73979941
The Beatles finally freed themselves from the obsession of emulating others in 1966, with Revolver, an album entirely dedicated to sophisticated songs. The album, extremely polished, seems the lighter version of Rubber Soul. The psychedelic Tomorrow Never Knows (sitar, backward guitar, organ drones), the vaguely oriental Love You To, the classic Eleanor Rigby, the Vaudevillian operetta Good Day Sunshine, the rhythm and blues of Got To Get You Into My Life and Dr. Robert, as well as Rain, recorded in the same sessions (with backward vocals, inspired by the Byrds' Eight Miles High, that had charted just weeks before), are all mitigated by an ever more languid and romantic attitude. The few jolts of rhythm are kept at bay by a tender effusion in I'm Only Sleeping (with a timid solo of backward guitar), There And Everywhere and For No One. With this album the Beatles left behind rock and roll to get closer to pop music, the pop music of the Brill Building, that is, a genre of pop that sees Revolver as its masterpiece. (At the time melodic songs all over the world were inspired by the Brill Building). Of course Revolver was a thousand years late. That same year Dylan had released Blonde On Blonde, a double album with compositions fifteen minutes long, and Frank Zappa had released Freak Out, also a double album, in collage format. Rock music was experimenting with free form jams as in Virgin Forest by the Fugs, Up In Her Room by the Seeds, Going Home by the Rolling Stones. The songs of the Beatles truly belonged to another century.
>>
>>73979978
What if Yellow Submarine were the big concept album of the summer of love 1967. Try shuffling Magical Mystery Tour with the Yellow Submarine sountrack from 1969 (keep in mind all songs were recorded in late 1966/1967). Remove the orchestra crap after the main songs.

I use a screencap from the Yellow Submarine as my main cover.

And I look at Sgt. Pepper being the follow up released in the winter of 1967.

That's always how I wished it could have been.
>>
>>73980660
>with backward vocals, inspired by the Byrds' Eight Miles High

...what?
>>
>>73980660
>Rolling Stones
>experimenting

honestly kys senpai :^)
>>
>>73979641
the quality of an auditory piece lies in the frequencies which are manipulated. even with shitty gear (not saying that's the case of the Beatles) you can make some pretty great sounds music if you know which frequencies to focus on
>>
>>73980698
>shuffling Magical Mystery Tour with the Yellow Submarine sountrack from 1969
That's actually a really good idea. I always felt like MMT was missing something but I wasn't quite sure what it was. Combining it with some of the songs from YS would make it perfect.
>>
>>73979641
>Why does Tomorrow Never Knows still sound like it was recorded last week?

Because it's been remastered.
>>
>>73982920
I would also suggest combining the stronger tracks on "Beatles For Sale" and "Help!" if you like early/mid Beatles
>>
>>73980076
That song is better than sex
>>
>>73979978
When I'm 64 is the ultimate pleb filter imo, if you're so uptight that you can't enjoy such a well written pop song then there's no hope for you
>>
Easily their best album imo, and it seems to be consistently overlooked in favour of Abbey Road Sgt. Pepper by critics and The Beatles by contrarians.
She Said She Said is mindblowing
>>
>>73982959
>not listening to the mono versions
The remasters hardly touched how the albums sounded, it was mainly compression and amplification. The stereo mixes of beatles albums (up till Abbey Road) were shite since their initial release, you can't polish a turd
>>
she said she said has got to be one of the most underrated beatles songs.
>>
>>73979641
[Citation Needed]
>>
>>73982920
The tracklist would theoretically be I Am The Walrus, Your Mother Should Know, Hey Bulldog, It's All Too Much, All Together Now, Only A Northern Song, Flying, Blue Jay Way, Magical Mystery Tour, The Fool On The Hill (shuffle to your preffered order, I haven't really thought this through) with the non-album singles being All You Need Is Love and Baby You're A Rich Man, honestly.

Supposing this alternate timeline of The Beatles goes Revolver (1966), a double album of extremely well done pop rock that starts off very much in their typical style and ends with throwing themselves into psychedelia, Magical Mystery Tour (1967), a half-done concept album that explores a bus and the people in it, if you wanna take it further add in some interludes like The Who did with Sell Out; Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967), which starts off semi-concepty but ends up being a defining part of psychedelic rock in the 60s. Also because Sgt. Pepper's is released later, we get SMiLE, and Sgt. Pepper's matters even more.
>>
>>73983082
The recently released mono versions have no treble, gotta listen to the vinyl versions.
>>
>>73984707
>[Citation Needed]

[Citation Needed]
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.