[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We can all be adults and acknowledge that Hendrix never recorded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Maggot Brain.png (1MB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
Maggot Brain.png
1MB, 768x768px
We can all be adults and acknowledge that Hendrix never recorded anything as good as Hazel's Maggot Brian right?
>>
Widely considered to be the truth by most people aware of Maggot Brain
>>
correct
>>
>>73972346
Machine Gun
>>
I'd LOVE to see someone say otherwise with an actual solid argument. Good Thoughts, Bad Thoughts is also leagues above Jimi.
>>
>>73972346
i think we can all be adults and acknowledge that funkadelic wouldn't even exist without hendrix. but you're right OP
>>
not as experimental as any of jimi's guitar solo work but still very good
>>
Apples vs Oranges. Not even worth arguing.
>>
>>73972476

Lol they have the exact same style. It's incredibly easy to compare.
>>
>>73972476
Terrified Jimi fan detected.
>>
He's like Hendrix crossed with Coltrane on this track
>>
>>73972346
not related but

why is maggot brain always parroted as the "essential" funk album and the essential funkadelic album when their s/t is 10x better and funkier? maggot brain's a nice album and the title track is a classic, but most of the album is like 7/10 r&b / acid rock , not funk at all
>>
>>73973583

Because Maggot Brain is too good for labels. Yes Parliament is the funk band and Funkadelic is the acid hard funk rock band but it's all P-Funk and the best P-Funk album is Maggot Brian so there you go.
>>
>>73973583
maggot brain is the safe answer. its like when people say hot rats is frank zappa's best. personally i prefer lets take it to the stage and america eats its young over MB
>>
>>73972380
came here to post this

also important to understand that Jimi pioneered and created the style of playing that allowed someone like Hazel to do that solo
>>
Its impossible to say Jimi didn't influence Hazel's playing. Even if there was a way to empirically measure this, Hendrix helped to build the foundation Maggot Brain was built upon.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.