[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /mu/. What do you think about this? Not much experience in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: images (45).jpg (37KB, 380x387px) Image search: [Google]
images (45).jpg
37KB, 380x387px
Hey /mu/. What do you think about this? Not much experience in neo-soul, and I thought it was pretty fantastic.
I particularly enjoyed
>Fingerprints
>Breathing Underwater
>Molasses
>Building a Ladder
>Laputa
Also, since you're already here, could I get some recs on similar stuff? Thanks in advance.
>>
>>73965069
Koi child, Kevin Parker aka Tame Impala produced them check it out.
>>
File: death_to_hipsters.jpg (44KB, 605x766px) Image search: [Google]
death_to_hipsters.jpg
44KB, 605x766px
>>73965069
>neo-soul
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA U WOT M8 HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>73965096
Will do

>>73965137
What is it then? I'm unfamiliar with the genre and the style in general and I'm trying to learn more.
>>
Bumping my own thread because
>>
>>73965069
I didn't know other people knew about this. I listened to this album so many times that it pretty much became a part of my life, and I love their previous album too. Malika is my favorite song by them.
>>
>>73965069
Thundercat can feel really similar at times. Golden Age of Apocalypse and Where the Giants Roam are personal faves, but I haven't listened to Drunk really
>>
>>73965610
oooo! just remembered, but Badbadnotgood are great also. Less vocal-centered, but great Jazz/Electronic imo
>>
>>73965610
I've already listened to his entire discography about 20 times. The only song I haven't liked is Drink Dat. Other than that, he's perfect for road trips, studying, playing vidya, etc.

>>73965680
I've listened to some of their stuff before, haven't really had time to check them out. Where should I start?
>>
>>73965791
i really enjoyed IV and come back to it quite a lot. perfect morning tunes imo.
if you're more hip hop inclined, they made an album with Ghostface Killah that was decent. IV is probably a cleaner and more coherent release tho
>>
you might dig chon, or not, whatever.
>>
File: I'm aware.gif (217KB, 249x200px) Image search: [Google]
I'm aware.gif
217KB, 249x200px
>>73965069
Absolutely trucking love Tawk Tomahawk and the progressive vestitudes of Mobius Strip, especially when the brisk percussion swoops in like a bold eagle, I'm all like "yikes!" *clamors underneath my personal computer desk and rolls into a ball to evade potential bold eagles*. And then there is Nakammara, a traditional neo-soul ballad named using the Aboriginal language that has been oppressed by privileged white males/ females over the centuries. *pontificates gently* I'd say ultimately that Tawk Tomahawk is a cornerstone of the new generation of indie music, a true victory for us music nerds and will continue to educate and inform the coming generations of white oppression and soul music to the benefit of all humanity, especially the Australian peoples. I highly implore anyone who utilizes this website (and that's coming from someone who habitually browses r/indieheads, that's a "subreddit" on the American-based website "Reddit", quite like here though with far nicer people at least from the two weeks that I've been on here) to check this album out and soak it all in! *waits patiently with my trusty pumpkin-spiced latte flowing elegantly in a pint-sized glass on top of my Pink Floyd's Meddle coaster (the very definition of "progressive" right, because Meddle is a cornerstone of progressive rock, if you haven't listened to it then check it out already!)*
>>
>>73966443
This is a special post, regardless of whether it's bait or not. It's been a while since I've seen someone put this much work into a post. Thanks. I'll check them out.
>>
>>73966598
xd now I feel like a retard. Just realized my mistake.
>>
>>73965163
It is Neo-Soul / Alt-RnB, that Anon is just being retarded
>>
File: 511Lt1IJgHL.jpg (37KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
511Lt1IJgHL.jpg
37KB, 500x500px
>>
booooooooooooooring
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.