[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who does /mu/ need to see before they die? >be Richard D

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Dick-Dale.png (1MB, 1032x1266px) Image search: [Google]
Dick-Dale.png
1MB, 1032x1266px
Who does /mu/ need to see before they die?

>be Richard Dale, c.mid 1930s
>grow-up with musical Eastern European parents
>learn all these weird Eastern European scales from the senpai
>start playing dad's accordion as a child, and eventually pick up the guitar because America
>blow away the neighborhood with you skills, then the city, pretty soon you're playing all over the state
>new guitar company called Fender sponsors you
>makes you your own guitar
>you're lefty but play the guitar upside down it's fine
>you begin to rock-out, inspired by the likes of Chuck Berry and Little Richard
>doesn't quite catch-on because weird Romanian scales
>Fender builds you the most powerful guitar amp ever made
>you blow it
>They make you an even more powerful one
>you blow it
>pretty soon you're blasting the world's first 100W amp
>more powerful than any PA system, peoples' faces melt at your shows
>Fender builds you an amp rig with a spring reverb tank
>Little Richard is passé, Elvis is playing for MILFs
>Rocking your Strat, your 100W amp and spring reverb with your crazy scales
>you accidentally invent Surfer Rock with this sound
>10yr old Jimmy Hendrix wants to be you, picks up a righty strat and plays it the way you do because he loves you
>you never stop
>over the decades you slow down only to beat cancer, twice
>2017
>you're 80
>you're still fucking at it
>everyone else has either quit or died
>you are a legend

Fuck man, time's running out now.
https://youtu.be/XnreN5LsjvQ
>>
>>73964204
>mfw I thought Dick Dale died

I didn't know this about the amps and Fender.

How'd he blow it, anon?
>>
>>73964243
>>73964204
oh fuck...as in blow the amp...

I interpreted as he tried playing the amp at a concert or something and put on a terrible performance...my bad
>>
>>73964270
yeah m8 he blew the amps, or at least the speakers
>>
>>73964279
Where should I start with Dick Dale, anon? I really like surf but never got seriously into it.
>>
He's coming through my city next month and somehow it's during the 5 days that I have to be out of town. Might be my last chance to see him before he's dead. FMFL
>>
File: 51pSOBp9jpL._SX300_.jpg (26KB, 300x299px) Image search: [Google]
51pSOBp9jpL._SX300_.jpg
26KB, 300x299px
>>73964292
Honestly this is one case where I would suggest the "best of" album. Sadly it used to be on youtube but has been removed as far as I can tell. Look for pic related, it's sooooo so so good. If you have even a remote interest you'll love it, 'sfucking gold.
>>
>>73964327
Awh man, that's such horseshit.
>>
>>73964337
Was Dick Dale the guy who actually surfed or was that someone else?

I remember one guy would surf literally all day and then get on stage still wet and shit to put on a show
>>
>>73964406
No that sounds like Dick Dale actually
>>
>>73964406
I remember reading that Dennis Wilson was the only actual surfer in The Beach Boys if that's what you meant
>>
>>73964479
DD wasn't in the Beach Boys anon, but maybe that story is about DW? Dunno.
>>
>>73964428
>>73964479
Maybe I'm putting the two parts together.

I guess Dick was the dude who spent all day riding waves and dry off only to play shows
>>
>>73964515
I know that, I was wondering if the anon was confusing the two since both made surf music
>>
>>73964598
Yeah I getcha
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.