[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your opinion on tool? I think they are kinda boring and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: Tool - 10,000 Days 2006.jpg (390KB, 1429x1423px) Image search: [Google]
Tool - 10,000 Days 2006.jpg
390KB, 1429x1423px
What is your opinion on tool?
I think they are kinda boring and overrated
Im probably gonna get roasted now
>>
>>73952121
I found Aenima on my dads computer when I was like 11/12 years old. He mustve been given the music by a friend.
I loved the album. When I was 15 I kinda jumped onto the Nirvana, Radiohead train etc but I kept listening to Tool up until I was like 18.
I got back into them only recently and they've pretty been only what I've been listening to for the past few months.
>>
>>73952121
/mu/ hates them, you're probably not gonna get roasted. I think they're ok and made a couple of great albums. I'm also bored of how no one can say anything remotely positive about them without a preface of how bad their fans are, as if that isn't applicable to every mainstream band. although I suppose it goes to show how fixated people here are on image and being associated with the right crowd

aenima and lateralus are better than the overwhelming majority of metal and hard rock that gets that popular, and robert fripp likes them. that's all I'll say about their music
>>
>>73952242
Aenima's proper song tracks are amazingly solid.
Way too much pretentious filler as well. I get why they added the interludes as well because they wanted to help split up the longer song tracks. They also wanted to be "weird".
Still a great album.
Just awesome melodies, cool grim production style, great riffs etc etc etc
Just cool sad angry music
>>
>>73952121

the worst thing about /mu/ being a bunch of contrarian fuckwits is that half the time they're agreeing with the general public and they just install these false ideas about what everyone else thinks just so they can "disagree" with it

just the other day I saw someone say lust for life is better than the idiot, the general consensus is the opposite and every single poster thought the same but they all stared that lust for life is know as better but they disagree, you fucks agree with normies and tell yourselves that the normies like something different so u can feel special about your mediocre taste.
>>
>>73952284
>Just cool sad angry music
I think they have more of a sense of humour than people give them credit for, especially when it comes to the stuff that might be labelled as pretentious or weird which is usually just kind of funny and just them being intentionally obtuse. king crimson did it a lot as well, especially in the belew era
>>
File: tool01.jpg (65KB, 688x585px) Image search: [Google]
tool01.jpg
65KB, 688x585px
>>73952121
>>
>>73952121
Never got into them, it was one of those bands stoner kids were into.
>>
File: tool03.jpg (119KB, 950x950px) Image search: [Google]
tool03.jpg
119KB, 950x950px
>>
>>73952448
That's more like deftones fans.
>>
File: tool05.jpg (79KB, 1440x973px) Image search: [Google]
tool05.jpg
79KB, 1440x973px
>>
>>73952480
what

most deftones fans I have known are completely unpretentious low iq mallgoths
>>
I've never been able to get into them, they've always kinda annoyed whenever my mom put it on. Which is odd because I like a perfect circle and puscifer.
>>
I'm certain that I'll enjoy them again for a few months after they release a new album
>>
>>73952121
> like them
> 10000 days was an awesome concert
> since grown out of them
>>
I like em but people take them too seriously
>>
File: cat koth.jpg (43KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
cat koth.jpg
43KB, 500x384px
Undertow - Alt. Rock with Rough production. It is a classic IMO and I love its sound.
Aenima - More of the same with better production
Lateralus - Enjoyable, but it sounds like aural mush at times, huge step down from Aenima.
10,000 Days - Never gave it a full listen but it seems more of the same with the problems of Lateralus amplified.
>>
Love them, my first tattoo was the Lateralus eye thingy. Can understand why a lot of people hate them, not for everyone. Maynard is a very pretentious ass hole which makes a lot of the lyricism in their music seem flat. Tool came to me in a time I really needed it, probably why I view them the way I do.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.