[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do some people insist grime used to be better when the instrumentals,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

Why do some people insist grime used to be better when the instrumentals, what grime is really all about, are better now than ever with weightless ?
Im afraid "dad grime" is a thing now
>>
>weightless

is it still 2013 s/t
and the problem is more people liking garbage pop grime stuff and not listening to the old stuff
>>
>>73945058
>Why do some people insist grime used to be better when the instrumentals,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSTK8W-Cs-s
show me a weightless tune bttr than this.
>>
Have y'all heard British hip-hop musician Stormzy's hit album "Gang Signs and Prayer"?
>>
>>73945058
Grime is fucking awful, stay in your generals, EDMfag
>>
File: nah.gif (887KB, 245x260px) Image search: [Google]
nah.gif
887KB, 245x260px
>>73945058
>the instrumentals are better

almost made me laugh. nice one.
>>
The whole point of grime was the skeletal lo fi beats made the day before the rave. It was tracksuit punk, its not supposed to be polished, it was a voice for those who never got listened to in London. Crammed into council flats with no decent schooling; it was what we had. Fuck music theory and all that, its just gotta bang in the club and in the corsa, it's got to punch you in the chest. It wasnt looking for approval, it was its own culture. The bpm was 140 because that was what fruity loops automatically went to, and the sounds that were coming out after a long run of clean cut 2 step/garage were mindblowing to the youth. It represented the frustration but we grew up with garage and electronic music so hip hop wasn't our voice or points of reference, taking a harsher approach.

It's called Grime. It's supposed to be dirty. You're not supposed to make it for everyone, you make it for those like you.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.