[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Conflicted. One on hand, it's a song about a dumb degen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (96KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
96KB, 1920x1080px
Conflicted.
One on hand, it's a song about a dumb degenerate whore. On the other, it reveals the vacuous result of millennial "fun" and her attempts to rectify them in a (((modern)) way. Tell me how I feel /mu/.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh2LWWORoiM
>>
>>73942231
shit song

>millennial "fun"
doesn't exist
>>
When judging an artist with song writing topics such as the ones Tove Lo covers I often try and see how they are either relatable (Not just to me)
or legitimate in some way to someone. And while I do think most electronically infused pop music which seems to dominate the tastes of many young people today, are covering rather nebulous and boring topics, it can't be ignored that many of these people who listen to them do in fact live out some of the lifestyles these songs depict.
>>
>>73942238
>>73942238
Tripfag, begome
>>
>>73942357
kys
>>
>>73942231
I'm not sitting through that song and I can't see the video being captivating enough on its own to watch in silent
>>
>>73942231
>OP genuinely enjoyed Ladywood
why do you post here
>>
>>73942295
they don't read into it though. they just absorb the lyrics at parties, allowing themselves to take it at face value. hence the normie status of Kendrick's 'Swimming Pools'. Only a small fraction of them actually have the capacity to check Genius and see the irony of the song.
>>
>>73942432
>hence the normie status of Kendrick's 'Swimming Pools'. Only a small fraction of them actually have the capacity to check Genius and see the irony of the song.
if you need a kendrick song to convince you the dangers of drinking and drugs. you're dumber than them tbqh

ppl like to have fun while they can.
>>
>>73942432
I do agree, they do in many cases take things at face value and that's a reflection simply of the time we live in. Everything if face value, from dating to music selection everyone wants quick and easy and many have unfortunately bought into that mentality.
>>
>>73942432
>check Genius
Lol. Maybe they could do some critical thinking of their own and figure it out themselves
>>
>>73942231
You should feel like a moron because you missed, in it's entirety, another "I'll drown my tears for you in <insert drug of choice> song. And, I might add you're an even bigger idiot thinking it's any deeper than that.
>>
>>73942937
Just barely listen to any verse and you'll know the meaning
>>
>>73942465
Completely missed the point
>>
Idk. It's a fun song.
>>
The song is fine and the video is genuinely really good. I think it captures exactly what you see in it.
>>73942430
>ewwww pop is gross, my taste is so superior
>>
File: Smack_My_Bitch_Up.jpg (20KB, 464x463px) Image search: [Google]
Smack_My_Bitch_Up.jpg
20KB, 464x463px
>>73942231

heres a better and cooler example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=medgjrYaqCM
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.