[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> "Oh, I don't listen to albums" It honestly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg (85KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg
85KB, 300x300px
> "Oh, I don't listen to albums"

It honestly baffles me that there are people who listen to music regularly who have almost never put on a full album.

Is this straight pleb or is there anyone on /mu/ who legitimately does this??
>>
I do this. Once I've established which songs I don't like, I'm not going to waste my time with them.
>>
>>73923751
At this point it feels weird to listen to a song individually, feels very incomplete, so no I don't do that
>>
That's the difference between patricians and plebs who listen to music for (((entertainment)))
>>
>>73923751
I have to confess to be in this camp. I'm sorry that I annoy but it's just the way I consume music. It's not really that I don't listen to albums it's just that I skip songs I don't like. Although, most of the time I just listen to a mix of random songs.
>>
fucking dumb rockists retards
>>
It feels like that's how the industry is these days. The single is reigning supreme, and the album is taking a back seat. It'll come back eventually, but right now, it's the single power that drives an artist's popularity
>>
>>73923904
Pretty much. Unless there are other single-worthy songs on the rest of the album, the singles will be most remembered.
>>
>>73923751
There's nothing wrong with this. Plebeian
>>
I feel sorry for those who those who will never experience the joy of listening to a great album the whole way through.
>>
>>73923940
Yes there is you dumb pleb with a short attention span
>>
I used to exclusively listen to albums but recently, I got a job and drive a lot more and it's just easier to turn the satellite radio on. I confess I feel bad for not getting my phone out and listening to an album but I do enjoy skipping between 60s, 70s, 80s, folk/singer-songwriter, old rap, hardcore/punk, and a new wave channel. I feel like I have learned a lot of good music because of it.

The only channel that sucks is the "college indie" station.
>>
>>73923751
This. I hate when I try to recommend an album to some normie who would probably like it and they always say they've never heard of "that song."
>>
>>73923751
Go outside. Most music and entertainment is just background noise for doing menial work and not asking any questions
>>
>>73923872
that's a pretty low bar for patrician. you're not patrician just because you're not braindead
>>
>>73923959
>albums are the only long play format
Wew, we gots a total pleb on our hands here
>>
>>73923751
they're memers
>>
>>73923904
Wow what a hot opinion. Too bad you're WRONG. That was true in the iTunes/mp3 era, but now in the age of streaming and Spotify there's no additional cost to listen to an entire album, which is why mainstream artists are trying to shift from singles to "album artists". This is especially true in pop and hip-hop where the wild success of Kendrick Lamar's albums make every rapper try one.
>>
ITT: rockists
>>
>>73923841
I can't do that because I often realize I was wrong and the song grows on me with repeat listens. That probably wouldn't happen if I didn't let the album play through on its own terms.
>>
File: 1499796751763.jpg (52KB, 960x724px) Image search: [Google]
1499796751763.jpg
52KB, 960x724px
>>73923751
I really do prefer it when an album sounds good as a whole

That being said I do cherry pick frequently
>>
Even within hip-hop, the album still seems like something people notice and care about (MBDTF, TPAB, etc), so I'm not sure what you guys are on about.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.