[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

im trying to expand my LP collection but a lot of albums really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: yassvinylbitch.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
yassvinylbitch.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
im trying to expand my LP collection but a lot of albums really sound the same on vinyl or digital. you guys know any albums that sound obviously way better on vinyl?
>>
bump4halp
>>
>>73918407
You should really only be buying albums that were released when records were the main format im which music was released.
>>
>>73918452
I second this. If you're a hardass of an audiophile, never buy a CD of a record before 1988 and never buy a vinyl of a record after 1988.
>>
>>73918407
Cosmogramma by Flying Lotus sounds way better on vinyl to me, and my setup isn't even that good
>>
>>73918452
any recommendations?
i find distortion works pretty well on my setup regardless of era, although i see where you're coming from. listen to music the way it was inteded
>>
Honestly I always buy my favorite records on vinyl (which is a lot) stuff I know I will want to listen to every track.

I use a stereo from the 70s that's really nice and have modern equipment outside of that. I just love the way the records play through it like the actual system if I had a nice CD player to go with it I'd use it just as much but I don't and my CD collection is very minimal outside of digital.

A big part of it imo is just whatever receiver/amp/headphones/speakers you're using. I actually hadn't used my player in a really long time and just got it set up again this week (speakers broke and ordered new ones on prime day) I put on Random Access Memories and I actually got chills listening to the first track like god damn and that was just on my headphones.

Albums I recommend

Daft Punk Discovery/Random Access Memories
Modest Mouse No one's first and you're last/We were dead before the ship even sank
Queen A night at the opera
Blondie Parallel lines
Opeth Damnation
>>
>>73918452
>>73918500
These are dumbposters

Loads of albums have been and still are made and mixed for vinyl. Plenty of new releases come out each day that sound fuckin great and thinking that only albuks from pre 1990 are worth it is CANCER

Avoid labels like Plain Records and 4 Men with Beards though, they literally reissue albums using CD masterings
>>
>>73918603
dope. parallel lines is on sale at my record store and i already like blondie
>>
>>73918645

Yeah it's a killer album
>>
>>73918633
>Loads of albums have been and still are made and mixed for vinyl.
Nah, this doesn't happen very often for new releases.
>>
>>73918744
(Citations missing)
>>
>>73918744
You have to search for em, but a lot more records than you think are mixed and recorded, if not for vinyl, but with vinyl in mind.
>>
You don't but vinyl for sound, you buy it for spectacle.
Just download some flacs if you want quality.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.