[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are people's thoughts on the Arcade Fire singles so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: serveimage.jpg (290KB, 1230x1230px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
290KB, 1230x1230px
What are people's thoughts on the Arcade Fire singles so far?

They're in a weird place for me. I would dig the shit out of Creature Comfort if it wasn't for the really fucking awkward lyrics.
I do like the one line
>god make me famous/if you can't just make it painless
but most of it is just awkward.
I feel the same about Electric Blue - there's a big schizophrenic dance-pop record in here somewhere, but it's just not quite there.
>>
Seriously awful. This band fell from grace so hard.
>>
>>73917169
People who listen to Arcade Fire disgust me on a primal level
>>
>>73917194
this
>>
>>73917169
no one cares about this plant band

#fakemusic
>>
>>73917169
It's pretty awful. I really hate this transition rock musicians are making where they start to make pop music that's just overall less interesting than they're earlier stuff. Not talking about Arcade Fire so much personally, but Mitski and now Torres have fallen victim to this.
>>
I wish they would ditch this elaborate marketing scheme and just make good music again
>>
I like that song suburbs. But other than that I really don't fuck with them
>>
>>73917194
>>73917253
>>73917255
It is pretty disappointing given their previous work. Kind of predictable if you look back at where Reflektor was headed relative to the rest of their work, but still a bummer.

It always sucks to see a band stop doing what they do best.
>>
>>73917169
They're really odd for me. I really like them but they're a pretty big departure from everything else they've ever done. I really wasn't expecting synthpop out of the Arcade Fire.

>god make me famous/if you can't just make it painless
Yeah, Creature Comfort has awkward lyrics and awkward delivery but I still really like that line and the song in general. You kind of get a sense that Win Butler is trying really hard with the lyrics but that bit did resonate with me.
>>
the two most recent singles were pretty trash. It doesn't sound like a group of 6+ people made these songs
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.