[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make weird, innovative, forward-thinking, leftfield

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: rplus7.png (682KB, 658x639px) Image search: [Google]
rplus7.png
682KB, 658x639px
How do I make weird, innovative, forward-thinking, leftfield music like this?
>>
Step 1: Be talented
>>
>Terry Riley for millenials
>innovative
>>
go to university for mathematics. if you don't do well, don't even think about starting.
>>
you can't do it by trying to do it. that was all the rage in 2013 - 2015. people kept trying to come up with their own genres and fell flat on their face every time.
>>
>>73915939
be a hack
>>
>>73915939
>listen to this album
>nice collection of sounds, why didn’t he make any music out of them???
>>
you don't

all his shit retroactively got worse lel

even the people that tried to copy him like Arca are evolving while he keeps doing the same shit
>>
>>73916755
>retroactively got worse
this is a retarded string of characters
>>
>>73916949
tell me with a straight face that sampling KotH is remotely acceptable for a serious project in 2017
>>
>>73915939
innovate, think forward, stop being right wing, laugh and not be normal
>>
>>73916755
he and arca sound nothing alike senpai
>>
>>73917129
i see the similarities you could draw between [joke name] and arca but i like arca and i dont like 106
(does anyone else find it really uncomfortable to type this artists name?
it's like i said in this post above he makes cool noises but he doesnt make songs out of them
arca at least you can bounce to in a way
>>
>>73917270
>he doesnt make songs out of them
how narrowminded is your view of songs? these are songs you idiot.
>>
>>73917270
what are the similarities? they both make electronic music and got good reviews from pitchfork?
>>
>>73917375
they both known for their unique sound palettes and being unpredictable and shit. i'd say they are contemporaries in the same field
>>
>>73915939

what is the name of this album? i remember listening to it before need to know
and oh, do dissociatives/hallucinogens/weed. and you cant do it if you have no original feeling or idea of what you like as well
>>
File: Dannee.jpg (301KB, 1500x999px) Image search: [Google]
Dannee.jpg
301KB, 1500x999px
>>73917270
>his conception of music is something you can "bounce to"

neo /mu/ is something terrible
>>
>>73917010
>remotely acceptable
>caring about music being acceptable or correct
Fuck off.
>>
>>73917647
fine can you explain what's good what you like about this artist? i find his songs annoying that's why i dont like him
>>
>>73917409
pretty vague familia
>>
>>73917647
>neo /mu/ is something terrible
neo /mu/ is the only /mu/ you know, and the /mu/ on which opn got popular
>>
>>73916755
>while he keeps doing the same shit
have you even listened to garden of delete?
>>
oneohtrix point never is the best/most important musician of the 10's
>>
>>73916003
Didn't Danny go to school to be a librarian/data archivist?
>>
>>73916003
i'm at university for math, and feel better about myself now.
thanks anon
>>
>>73916003
Why?
>>
>>73916755
>he thinks any electronic music that is discombobulated must be copying Oneohtrix Point Never
kek, did Autechre copy 1otrx.nvr as well?
>>
>>73915939
have ideas, get inspired
>>
>>73916755
>his ambient synth shit was better than the stuff he comes out with now
>>
>>73916003
nigga what
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.