[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /mu/, I've known about this album for years but never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Soundtracks_for_the_Blind (1).jpg (37KB, 332x332px) Image search: [Google]
Soundtracks_for_the_Blind (1).jpg
37KB, 332x332px
Hey /mu/, I've known about this album for years but never got around to listening to it because the length always put me off. I am aware however that this album is hugely atmospheric, and has been life-altering to some people. Anyway, this weekend I'm taking a 3 hour flight and I'm wondering, would those be proper listening conditions for this album, or would being on a plane ruin the experience?
>>
dude you just make the sounds go into your ears that's literally it
>>
just listen to it really really loud
>>
>>73906683
that's true, but I'm a person who enjoys good first experiences with albums. If I had listened to LYSF while hanging out next to a pool in summer, it probably wouldn't have been as enjoyable
>>
>>73906606
I don't think it matters where you're listening it, as long as you are paying attention to the music.

You're very likely going to want to turn it off after like an hour of listening to some pretty outlandish music and that's understandable
>>
Don't listen on a plane. The second time I listened to it was on a plane and it was almost physically painful, but I think it's because it was so late and I kept falling asleep. The outside white noise of the plane ruins it. Also this >>73906940 you might get bored. The most recent times I've listened to it I've been driving, so it takes a few sessions which might cause people to call me a pleb. I hope you enjoy it though, I just recently started to "get" it
>>
>>73906725
how would you know unless you tried it
>>
>>73906995
The 2 hours and 15 minutes of this album makes it feel like that it goes on for like 5 hours, it's so fucking long and slow. At first listen, the music doesn't even register, it's like it's humming. It's weird
>>
>>73907112
That's a great way to describe it
>>
>>73907112
There's just so many ambient passages that when the intense post rock parts and more musical parts show up, you don't even realize they're there.
>>
>>73907185
But there are so many moments on this album where the momentum and tone just completely goes to a completely different direction, like having Volcano after The Beautiful Days in which it's just a sharp contrast that you don't even know how to take it,
>>
Just go on a really long walk and listen to it.
>>
Not on a plane for sure. I highly reccomend laying in bed alone focusing only on the music. That's was my first listen for this album and its probably my most memorable first listen ever
>>
>>73907362
this
>>73906606
i personally don't care but if you want the best experience i'd say do something productive whether it's doing mindless tasks or exercising. it's not like you can feel time moving but it's very slow and it may make the flight unbearable
>>
>>73906606
It's just a fucking album. Anyone who says it changed their life is just being a pretentious artfag or they were 13-18 and very impressionable.
>>
>>73907547
low key this tbqh
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.